FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My first build thread, 2000 ZX3 turned RS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ya if you are using stock cams then the sto k springs will be good. If you are going to use an aggressive cam then upgrade the springs.
I upgraded my springs lol. but to each there own I guess
I'll probably end up upgrading them. Cost adds up quick even when doing a budget build haha.
I had a chance after work to fab up a bit of my intake adaptor, so far so good, i still have a bit of engineering to do to make it more usable and to clear the oil filter.
[attachment=1133][attachment=1134]
[attachment=1139]
Got the knuckles all painted and ready for bearings n hubs Smile
Looks good
[attachment=1153][attachment=1154]

So looks like the mark viii IRS is about 1.5-2" narrower than the focus. And it fits in the back hahahaha.
lol that's awesome .
[attachment=1159]
[attachment=1158]
I've decided to use a different slightly smaller brake setup, 07 ford edge 12.6" rotors and Lincoln LS dual piston calipers, I've designed the caliper bracket adaptor, now its just a bit more machining and done Smile
Nice work!!!
sweet dude!
Considering the price of some of the big brake kits for the foci or Mazda 3, I may start making them on request. Depending on bolt pattern and rotor size choice.
Seen you the other day on Barton/centennial . You were hauling something In the trunk
Yea I was carrying a pt cruiser rear axle for a customers car haha. My car has seen a lot of rear end lately.
[attachment=1160]
[attachment=1161]
Got my prototype caliper brackets done. 1" thick cast aluminum. Thicker than the knuckles the calipers came from, should be strong plenty.
[attachment=1173]
Subframe disassembled with the aluminum diff. Its amazing the size of bolt they use for control arms, then 4 little dinky 15mm bolts to mount it all to the car.

[attachment=1172]
Rear subframe painted and clean Smile
[attachment=1177]
Cleaned up diff and coated with color

[attachment=1178]
New rims with front knuckles n brakes... Looks like I need bigger brakes again :/
After a 34 day work week and a 4 day weekend, I have some time off to at least fit the rear end and get more swap parts made up. 

I got a pair of solid IRS subframe mounts made:[attachment=1186]

Made up a block go adapt an external slave cylinder to the t5 bellhousing:
[attachment=1187]
So I've got my car cut apart and fitting the rear axle. I have two rear mounts made anD welded in. [attachment=1189]

[attachment=1190]
[attachment=1191]
[attachment=1192]
Pages: 1 2 3