FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Plastidipped Ford Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, thought I would share my project from this past weekend. I have finally gotten around to putting on my SAP front bumper and side skirts that I have been collecting over the past few years. I decided to plastidip everything to make it the same colour because its cheap and a nice project to do myslef. My friend used his go-pro to make a timelaps, here is the YouTube video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jD3kwhWy1dk 

Overall I'm very pleased with how it turned out, the front bumper was black as you can see in the video and it needed a lot more coats then the rest of the car (obviously) and we didn't get it perfect but its close enough for me. I used a gallon of unthinned red and a gallon of unthinned clear and used xylene to thin both gallons for a total of 2 gallons of each. I mixed in a red metallic flake into the clear so it shines in the light. You can't see the flake in the video but in person it shows up really nicely. Let me know what you think