FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help Needed Determining Paint Color...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys, as most of you probably know, I own Tantrik now, and the beginning of 08 she was repainted white- only problem is, what white is it?? Cloud 9/Oxford, ultra white, or maybe some other white? There is some touchup paint near the drivers door but it doesnt match so Im not sure if the previous owner used the correct color touch up or maybe the car is some other version of white? I need to know if this is indeed cloud9/oxford or not because I am looking at getting an SVT rear wing painted, but dont want to get it the wrong shade

[Image: pict3177an9.th.jpg]
[Image: pict3198dm4.th.jpg]
wow i just noticed you have the same rear and sid skirts as me haha neat.....mine need to be replaced tho there cracked and such...ew
hah yeah, they are okay, nothing crazy just clean and simple, thats what i like
fatphocus,Dec 9 2008, 10:52 PM Wrote:Ok guys, as most of you probably know, I own Tantrik now, and the beginning of 08 she was repainted white- only problem is, what white is it?? Cloud 9/Oxford, ultra white, or maybe some other white? There is some touchup paint near the drivers door but it doesnt match so Im not sure if the previous owner used the correct color touch up or maybe the car is some other version of white? I need to know if this is indeed cloud9/oxford or not because I am looking at getting an SVT rear wing painted, but dont want to get it the wrong shade

If it was repainted there may be no way of telling - may not have been a "Ford" colour -- you should see if the paint shop kept a record ... the other possibility is to call an automotive paint supply company and see if they have some way to match the colour for you.
I know, thats my main concern..I cant get a hold of the previous owner either, thats why I posted here..last time I was in contact with him was back in September..hopefully I can get a shop to match it the best they can, I'll be sure to post pics once its done and on, hopefully its not too noticeable if they have to "wing it" :D .........................

Ok so that was a bad joke referring to the SVT rear wing that this topic is about LOL :lol:
The paint shop can usally match the paint as close as possible. As for what colour who knows I think it might be mentioned somewhere on these forums check the old threads for when he first repainted it and you might find your answer and monkey you skirt and lip arn't broken or cracked the paint is chipped thats all unless you broke them recently.
hmm..i think i found it!! Went searching and found the previous owners' cardomain, where someone left a comment saying the car would look better arctic white with blue racing stripes- my exact combo, googled the color and id say its pretty much dead on. Ill still get them to match the paint to make sure before they paint anything though. :D