FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Oil pan Replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Focus has sprung a leak and I was shocked to find out that the bolts that hold the oil pan are $15 each and I need 14 of them.  I must be missing something on these bolts because I was thinking for the most part bolts are under a $1 each.  The rest of the parts seem reasonable ($100 for the Pan itself).

Any thoughts or a place to get these a little cheaper???

Thanks
David
Take the rachet To a Upull yard and pocket 20 of the best looking ones. They're not one time use bolts, so unless yours are completely rusted and stripped, wire wheel and reuse. If you really want new bolts, you'll have to get the size and dimensions and call nut & bolt supply places, hardware stores are practically useless for anything metric. They're probably M6 1.25 x 20mm 10.9 grade, but don't quote me Smile
Try Fastenal or wire wheel them clean, stab them thru a cardboard box and paint/engine enamel the heads, bake them to adhere the coating, add a small amount of thread locker, torque in sequence, fill with oil and enjoy Big Grin
I think I'm going to check standard Auto wreckers and try to get some or at least 1 to confirm size, as of right now I just listed the car for sale and listed the issue in the ad. If the buyer puts forward the right offer I would be willing to get it fixed, if it doesn't sell right away then I will fix it in the next week or so.

Thanks
DAvid