FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ordered An '09 Escape!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ahh ok, cool. I didn't order it with the 6-disc, I bought it that way :P

So there was no feed at the back of the truck from the audiophile system hookups?
Sweet truck, I have a buddy with an 08 Escape and he is very happy with it. How is it on fuel?
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 27 2009, 12:53 PM Wrote:Ahh ok, cool. I didn't order it with the 6-disc, I bought it that way :P

So there was no feed at the back of the truck from the audiophile system hookups?
[right][snapback]281834[/snapback][/right]

no idea... i didn't bother splurging on the audiophile system. I found the stock system was nearly as good. I'm sure there is something there though if you have the Audiophile

good on gas?

not when towing! ...otherwise.. it isn't too bad all things considered.

LOL Unfortunately not much is good on gas while towing. Atleast it has the power there to haul a trailer.
The 09's should be better than the 08's for sure, 40 more HP and two extra gears will do that!

If nothing else, I'm disappointed to hear they're "bad" on gas while towing. How much overall weight were you towing (trailer and load) and what were you getting for MPG / L per 100KMs?
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 2 2009, 09:41 AM Wrote:The 09's should be better than the 08's for sure, 40 more HP and two extra gears will do that!

If nothing else, I'm disappointed to hear they're "bad" on gas while towing. How much overall weight were you towing (trailer and load) and what were you getting for MPG / L per 100KMs?
[right][snapback]281978[/snapback][/right]

I'm towing around 2100-2600 lbs roughly (including trailer weight). I have the tow package which comes with a tranny cooler and increases tow capacity to 3500lbs.

the trailer is 6'Wx10'L, and stands about ~7'4"

here's a pic
[Image: 2007_US_Cargo_6_x10_enclosed_cargo_trail...or_350.jpg]

Currently I get 300km on a tank with the trailer hooked up fulltime. Less in inclement weather - wind, snow on the road, etc...

without the trailer hooked up I got about 400km on the tank - though I don't go a full tank without towing really since I'm towing once or twice a weekend depending on how many gigs I have.

when I fill it up I put in about or a little over 50L. All said and done it isn't great mileage - but it's still better than my Safari I had before this. I also find that while towing on the highway and keep it around 100-110kph i gain about 50km/tank versus 120kph

translates to 16.5 L/100km towing and about 12.5L/100km on the road
That's pretty good... I'm rated about 12.6L / 100 KMs in town, so about the same. Getting about 14.5 - 15L right now due to the stupid cold winter we're having here (days routinely below -15C). Normally in the summer it's 11.5 - 12L / 100 Kms in town, and I hit 9.0L on the highway routinely. Going to test that again at least twice over long distances this summer. :)

I heard that all the 08s (and likely the 09s) came with the trans cooler standard... I'll have to put it up on the ramps this spring and check it out for myself - I'll be geting a class 3 bolted on in the spring (so I can run 2" accessories).

Thanks for the feedback!
Nice truck, just can't see all of your pics (broken links perhaps?). My 06 is terrible on fuel economy in the city, but on the highway, it's great...get about 460+ km's to a tank on the highway, when driving at 120 almost non-stop (and that's with the wifey, dog, and stuff in the vehicle too).

I love the MACH 300 stereo in the 2nd gen LTD...the stock 8 actually pumps pretty decent with the right music. I think that all of the stock Visteon HU's in the Fords were setup to cut back the bass/loudness as you turn up the volume, to protect the speakers and amps perhaps (mine plays awesome bass with 5-6.5 notches on the volume display, but it cuts the bass back if I go louder than that).

What are your future plans with the truck?

I agree with NOS, that pehaps Puppet should have an "Other Ford Models" section/sub-section be made...if possible (to provide everyone with info on vehicles other than Foci's, and perhaps keep people interested in keeping the Blue Oval from going under...).

L8tz
Pages: 1 2