FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: First Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saying Hey... To everyone B)
Ah, I see you're an SVT fan, ever taken the Focus to a track day? I've seen SVT Focus' spank SVT Cobra Mustangs on the track like they were V6 "Secretary Specials" :lol:

Sadly the only real SVT's I'll ever be able to drive (without dropping in a Lentech autobox and having the SVTOA try to tar & feather me) are the Lightning or the new Raptor ;)

So I'm planning a fake "SVT Fusion", got the motor mods, ordering up the exterior work for the spring B)

NefCanuck
I haven't taken the Focus yet just got it a month ago, but have taken the Shelby which has all the the go fast and handling upgrades ;) . Mosport driver developing track is perfect for the Focus but the not the big track more suited for Shelby. Also done Duneville and enjoyed that track in the Shelby, but at both tracks have had the SVTOA instructor's in the car slowing me down :angry: . This year I'll bring the Focus because of the Roll Bar requirement I hear they are going to make for 'verts :P . The Fusion sounds like a cool project...
can't wait to hunt for Cobras :P
SVTEnthusiast,Dec 3 2008, 08:38 AM Wrote:I haven't taken the Focus yet just got it a month ago, but have taken the Shelby which has all the the go fast and handling upgrades ;) . Mosport driver developing track is perfect for the Focus but the not the big track more suited for Shelby. Also done Duneville and enjoyed that track in the Shelby, but at both tracks have had the SVTOA instructor's in the car slowing me down :angry: . This year I'll bring the Focus because of the Roll Bar requirement I hear they are going to make for 'verts :P . The Fusion sounds like a cool project...
[right][snapback]277597[/snapback][/right]

Waitasec, were you at the last SVTOA track day this year at Mosport with your rig? :blink:

I was the Fusion crawling around Saturday (By Sunday I was a fair bit faster, but I only had 3,000km on it so I was reluctant to really beat the snot out of it)

I'm planning to go next year and I'l be curious to see how the car handles the more wide open track (Not like the Mustangs still won't put me in the weeds, but at least the Focus I can lose on the straights)

NefCanuck
Ya I was there on Sunday with my buddies... We had the 2 Black and 1 Alloy Shelby 'Verts... I was the one the instructor kept yelling at to slow down and stop passing everyone :D ... This dam Fusion and Focus was in the way all day :lol: Sorry Nik & Nef couldn't resist...
SVTEnthusiast,Dec 3 2008, 05:44 PM Wrote:Ya I was there on Sunday with my buddies... We had the 2 Black and 1 Alloy Shelby 'Verts... I was the one the instructor kept yelling at to slow down and stop passing everyone :D ... This dam Fusion and Focus was in the way all day :lol: Sorry Nik & Nef couldn't resist...
[right][snapback]277634[/snapback][/right]

Let me get a bit more experience on a track before I dance with you ;)

I'll bet an instructor flogging my car to its limits would have had you scratching your head, AWD is made for a course like that, esp. if there was any moisture left on the track (Or did you not see the instructor deliberately loop his rental GT while we were drying the track doing parade laps? Thought I was gonna have a heart attack when he did that in front of me :ph34r: )

NefCanuck