FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Toronto Cop Hits Co-op Taxi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Toronto Police Service
News Release

Police Officer and driver injured in collision, Fred Gardiner Expressway, near Ellis Avenue

Monday, December 1, 2008 - 1:30 PM
Traffic Services
416-808-1900

On Monday, December 1, 2008, at approximately 12:27 a.m., a collision involving a Co-Op Taxi and a Toronto Police Service vehicle occurred on the eastbound Fred Gardiner Expressway, near Ellis Avenue.

It is reported that:

- the officer was attempting to stop a car which had been travelling at a high rate of speed,

- the officer was cut off by another car near the South Kingsway,

- the officer lost control of his vehicle and, in an attempt to avoid the car which cut him off, collided with the taxi before hitting both guard-rails.

Both the officer and taxi driver were taken to hospital and treated for minor injuries.

The vehicle the officer was attempting to stop is believed to be a blue Audi. A second vehicle, which cut off the police car, is believed to be a blue Nissan. Neither driver stopped.

Traffic Services is investigating.

QUESTION

If you cut off a Cop and saw that happen in you rear view mirror would you stop?
Oh hell no. I mean, I didn't see a thing.... :rolleyes:
If I wanted to have any shot to keep my paralegal license I'd be stopping ;ph34r:

NefCanuck
I'd stop, but not if I was involved in the chase or cutting off of the cop
Im saying if you were the one that cut off the cop I wounld't stop considering they didn't have a good look at the plate.
most people that cut me off dont realise what they did at all and keep going on their merry way.
i don't know....i probably wouldn't be able to live right knowing that somebody (cop) possibly died cause of my actions.

Nate is right. that Nissan probably didn't even know what he/she has done.
maybe that cop shouldn't have been driving so fast. Cops are humans too and they need to obey the driving laws.
Unless your a medic theres little you can do at an accident scene. Other than keep driving and call 911.

But that guy probably didn't even realize...
Fails to mention if the officer had persuit lights on?
hardk0re,Dec 3 2008, 07:09 AM Wrote:Unless your a medic theres little you can do at an accident scene.  Other than keep driving and call 911.

But that guy probably didn't even realize...
[right][snapback]277595[/snapback][/right]
Not really true, just last week a lady at the end of my street, tboned an old grandma, (81 years old)...

I ran down, saw her car in the ditch, opened the door, she was unconcsious, talked to her until she got up, and then when the other lady came out of her smashed up car, told her to dial 911, and give the information Im telling her.

"Accident at the corner of St jean & Patricia, two car accident, 1 lady lost consicouness but is now awake"

I then asked her how old she is, if she has any medical conditions, if she was cold, asked her to follow my fingers with her eyes, squeeze my hands, etc.

I then gave all this info to the lady on the phone with 911.

The old lady then became un cooporative, she wanted out, but her car was in the ditch and I didnt want her moving. who knows, she may have fallen and wouldnt be able to get up :P ...

Lots you can do, the best thing you can do, is remain calm, the other person will see you calm and they will calm down by default....well unless they are on fire, but thats another story. ;) :lol:
it wasn't your finger she was squeezing was it.....Flo'