FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Nokian Rsi - Tire Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I just picked up these sweet Nokian RSI tires for my Focus, I threw them on the stock rims, 205/50R/16, as I will get the 17in black FR's for the summer.

These tires look great on the car, and are soft as marshmellows, so I am expecting some good traction from these babies. I had them put on today and as of my writing we are expecting some snow in the GTA which is where I am located.

I will write a more detailed review as the weather worsens, but thus far I can say I have not really noticed an increase in noise or decrease in performance.

I picked up the tires for $825 installed at GTA Tire, they can be reached at 416-633-0318.

Other than that any questions or things people would want to know about the tires?

Ah another Nokian user (Had the WR's on the Focus, amazing tires, took me places sane mortals wouldn't have even attempted)

I went with the WR G2's on the Fusion, curious to see how these stack up to dedicated winter rubber like the RSI's (Gonna use the stock Michelin rubber in the warmer weather when I finish up my car :D)

NefCanuck
I'm jealous!! I had ordered my RSI's but ended up coming across a deal on rims with snows (used) that I couldn't pass up so I ended up cancelling the order. I'll have em next year though!! I've got a hook up in the U.S. that can get them for me for $100US per tire (15's).

A freind of mine has had these tires for a couple years now and her comment was "They are to other snow tires as other snow tires are to all seasons" Haha.

Have fun with em and drive safe!
-George
Wow those are some crazy prices, you guys need to get some better hook-ups.
If your spending that kinda money you should have got the WRG2's instead of the RSi Which are secound from the cheapest of they're selection. Oh well. They are great tires though they only last 2 seasons anyways, like most others.
WR G2's aren't cheap though, you pay for the performance (at least in the 17" size, I have no idea what Focus 15" would go for)

NefCacnuck
Scorcher000,Nov 29 2008, 06:37 PM Wrote:Wow those are some crazy prices, you guys need to get some better hook-ups.
If your spending that kinda money you should have got the WRG2's instead of the RSi Which are secound from the cheapest of they're selection. Oh well. They are great tires though they only last 2 seasons anyways, like most others.
[right][snapback]277387[/snapback][/right]

Huh?? The RSI lists for around $150 a tire up here.
Time for the real review!

Okay well as you all know the GTA got a nice blast of winter this past week, so I figured it was time for the low down.

To start off: I am using 205/50/16 Rims. Tires are at 39PSI indoors, so that they will hit more closely hit the 35 reccomended.

As for the road, I was more than able to breeze through tough snow piles.
I noticed you do not get as much of that sideways skidding whil trying to drive straight, although no tires would be perfect.

All in all i would give thee tires an A+, much better than all season and better than other winter tires I have tried.

Hope this helps!
ThornhillFocus,Dec 21 2008, 02:15 PM Wrote:To start off: I am using 205/50/16 Rims. Tires are at 39PSI indoors, so that they will hit more closely hit the 35 reccomended.

[right][snapback]278614[/snapback][/right]

32 check your door and if there is more than a little bit of snow on the ground then it should be 30. Too hard of a tire and you'll just sit and spin.
And you should always check you tires with cold temps not hot they have about a 10 psi increase when warm-hot.
Sry thats if you have a Focus
Mine says 34 on the door, I will double check but Im pretty sure I was at about 35 or so in the cold.
Really, that's strange mine is an 05 that says 32 psi. Also the TPMS strategy book says 32 PSI too for the news. What year is yours?
Scorcher000,Dec 23 2008, 09:47 PM Wrote:Really, that's strange mine is an 05 that says 32 psi. Also the TPMS strategy book says 32 PSI too for the news. What year is yours?
[right][snapback]278744[/snapback][/right]

Mines an 07, perhaps the sticker is because they switched tires?
I don't remember what stock tires I have.