FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: For Those Who Use Ford Oil Filters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you haven't been told yet or found out Ford is obsoleting the FL-2005 filter used on the Zetec engine.. replaced by the FL-400-S. Yes it will work, and the price might be a bit better, but the FL-2005 has a anti drain back valve in it... so if you desire check your local dealer for OLD stock since they do not make them ANYMORE
I've been using the FL-400s for awhile with no issue. No need to panic...
I've used the equivalent k&n of the FL-400's without the lock. I haven't had any issues, running boosted even for quite some time.
I HAVE NO ISSUES.... Just letting those who use the right stuff listed know whats going on...
they valve is there so if theres a problem it will protect the engine not using it does not make sense ... protect the investment
THE flow back valve is there to keep the oil in the filter so its not a dry start up each time you cold start with an empty oil filter
so why are they doing this? they are getting rid of a good filter for a crappier one?