FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tires Installation And Balancing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everybody. With the winter already here i guess, it seems like everybody decided to put on some winter tires on. Costco has a line up starting at 7 am when they open at 10. Others are expensive $85 + tax or $65+ tax without balancing. Some are just booked.
With my busy schedule at school right now, i do not have time to run around but then again i do not want to pay too much. I would not mind paying $80 cash but those shops make me guilty for coming there so i don't even want them to install.
I have an option of the mechanic that my dad goes too, but he had somebad experience with messing up his tire and they don't seem to do a good job.

Anybody can recommend something in Richmon Hill, or North York ? A good shop that can do it tomorrow morning and for about $60 cash. Average i think is $10-15 per tire.
Another reason i want a good shop to figure out my vibration i have to see if it is caused by the improper balancing.

So, do you have winter rims and you just need the tires installed or you need your current tires removed from your stock rims and the winters mounted and balanced? Any shop should be able to handle this task, which ever it is you are doing. Have you inquired at an Active Green & Ross or any other shop? Even CTC can do that.

If it is just mounting the tires on the rims you can do the swap in your driveway. But that is assuming that you have a set of rims just for the winter.
sounds like he only has on set of rims 1 set of summer and 1 set of winter tires

if you don't mind driving to Markham i might have a good guy for you...he's the only mechanic who touches my cars
Well what every you decide to do call and book it because they might be a little busy. My cousins shop is putting out about 34 cars and 8 Transports a day and they only have 2 bays one for Transport and one for car. Plus tire stocks are extremly low so buy them if you find them. Letting you know Toyo warehouse in Brampton hasn't had a snow tire in stock in about 2.5 months lol.
I just bought some rims for winter and tires as well. Therefore i have two sets of rims. So i just need to slap those tires on rims and balance them. Active Green and others are extremely busy.

Mr. Liu is a bit of drive i'll tell you that, but does he have a balancing machine and everything ?? I just called him. Pretty cheap :)) He sounds a bit weird though... Trustable ?

I just need some respectable shop that someone used and didn't have problems with.
My cousins shop Ok Tire R&H Tire 905 565 5570. Ask for Joe or Rob, say your one of Johnny's friends from school and tell them what you need done and when ok.
Rob is my Cousin
Joe is a family friend
Gus is my Uncle, if he answers (Robs father)

Dixie and Britannia Rd East.
1275 Britannia Rd East Ok Tire Sign on building.
Thanks John, but that's a long drive :))
Sry best I can do go to the http://www.oktire.com site and find one near you. Can;t get you a deal from them but they are all pretty good.
malim,Nov 27 2008, 01:10 PM Wrote:I just bought some rims for winter and tires as well. Therefore i have two sets of rims. So i just need to slap those tires on rims and balance them.  Active Green and others are extremely busy.

Mr. Liu is a bit of drive i'll tell you that, but does he have a balancing machine and everything ?? I just called him. Pretty cheap :)) He sounds a bit weird though... Trustable ?

I just need some respectable shop that someone used and didn't have problems with.
[right][snapback]277236[/snapback][/right]

hell yeah he's trustable.........i think he's gonna do my brake set up on subaru this weekend ...again good and very cheap work

so how much does he charge for putting tires on and balancing?

p.s. ya he sounds weird on the phone......no speaka engrish too good
good guy though
member Pullicat went to him a couple times
He wanted $10 a tire. Local shops usually charge $15. So that seems like a good deal. I might change the oil while at it. I don't want to freeze in the garage, because it's due for a change soon.
whenever i bring my synthetic oil and oil fitler he does the change for $10
SWEETTTT! That is what i was thinking about.

Thanks man. :))
Went to him to today. Seems like a reasonable guy but doesn't talk much. Bad mood, perhaps ?

He did everything but two of my rims were bit to sh*t. He had too put 90g of weight on one side of one rim and 100g on the other bent rim, only for one side.

So i figure that is messed up. He still did it anyways even though he told me the rims are not too good. Guess what ??

I go on the highway and i get mad vibration. It is noticeable at 80 so at 100 you guys get the picture. So i had to go by some new rims today and i guess i'll be heading back there next week. I came back today though but he couldn't do it since he was busy/not feeling well.

That's my story. Lesson i learned is not to buy used rims...
sorry about your experience......
yeah he doesn't talk too much even with me and i've been there alot of times
but yeah go back
You can balance anything smooth believe me, some ppl are so cheap that a huge bend in the rim is not enough for them to get a new one plus if it was throwing a big weight like those on the balancer the proper thing to do is dis-mount rotate 180 degreas and rebalance. The 80-100 vibration is a improper balancing job. Sry to say. Either his machine needs to be calibrated or he does. Cheaper isn't always better.
I just read over my post. So many spelling mistakes...wow.. what was i thinking ??

I am stumped now.I didn't really go because of the price, i just needed it done quick. There are line ups everywhere else plus Nik and paulicat have been to him and have nothing bad to say.

Got 4 new rims now, gotta put them on but time is an issue with exams coming up. I have to do it ASAP because don't want my bearings shot. I heard that driving with unbalanced tires causes bearing damage.
i picked up my car today at 6pm today......he did a great job on rotors,pads,ss lines, brake fluid =$170 (a job that subaru dealer quoted me for $800+)

he was like "damn, i should have charged you over $200 for this job, your pads were hard to get out and put in".....i just laughed and went out doing brake badding on back road highways

this guy is still good for any other focus jobs.....i mean you can't find better prices then his

oh and i told him about you Malim....he said yeah you had bad rims
Bearings are nothing to worry about, they go when they go. Even riding on low pros it damages them.