FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Top 10 Cars You Should....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date!!

#10 HHR SS Panel Van
[Image: 2009chevyhhepanelss_002aa.jpg]
We love the Chevy HHR Panel. It's way cooler-looking than it's window-clad sibling, and in SS trim it's damn fun to drive, too. The HHR isn't a good first date vehicle, however, because nothing puts up more red flags on a first date than a vehicle without windows.

#9 Scion xB
[Image: xb_1_1280aa.jpg]
The last generation Scion xB was unique. It wasn't pretty, but showed that its owner walked to his or her own beat. The new, curvier xB lost its Fonzy, as evidenced by the sudden up-tick of 39 year-old MBAs at your local Scion store. Not every date is looking for someone "cool", but the xB provides a double dose of date repellent by also being unappealing to the eye.

#8 Lotus Elise
[Image: elise_s_40th_1280_01aa.jpg]
The Lotus Elise is a hot car that just so happens to be one of the most nimble pieces of transportation on earth, but getting in and out of these things is a challenge at best. You might as well pick up your date in a Jamaican Bobsled. On the bright side, effort-free ingress and egress gives some indication of agility... We don't know exactly what that means, but it could be a good thing.

#7 Mercury Grand Marquis / Ford Crown Victoria
[Image: mercury_grand-marquisaa.jpg]
Nothing says "My grandfather died and left me his car" like a night out in the Mercury Grand Marquis. It's also tough to have fun when people keep mistaking your love machine for a taxi cab. The Grand Marquis is a real throw-back to the days of RWD body-on-frame sedans, but your date likely won't go out of his or her way to extol the virtues of the Mercury's floating, glassy ride.

#6 Ford Taurus
[Image: abgarage_taurus1aa.jpg]
Nothing says "My grandfather died and left me his Grand Marquis, and my dad wanted to borrow it so I'm stuck with his car" quite like the Ford Taurus. It's big, spacey and devoid of any manner of style. Ford tried to market the Taurus based on its elevated seating position and size of its 22-cubic-foot trunk, but the buying public wasn't impressed. We doubt your date will be all that excited, either.

#5 Infiniti QX56
[Image: qx56_1280_07aa.jpg]
The QX56 is huge, guzzles gas and looks like it was designed by a team of drunken Picasso poseurs. Driving a QX56 tells your date that you spend no time picking anything based on aesthetics, which will make your date wonder why you picked him or her to begin with. Unfortunately, if you already own this hulking utility vehicle, there isn't exactly a market for really expensive used SUVs, so you can always date other QX56 owners - if you can find them.

#4 Ford F-350 Super Duty Dually
[Image: f-350king-ranch10aa.jpg]
Lets get this straight: we're not knocking this badass truck. It can tow 18,000 pounds and there is little Ford's 19-foot-long hauler can't do at the job site or on the farm. But unless you met your date at a tractor pull or Toby Keith concert, you don't want to show up in a 9/8 scale Bigfoot that can tow Rhode Island.

#3 Chevy Uplander
[Image: chevrolet_uplander_aa.jpg]
Picking up a date in a minivan means you're either very cocky or incredibly uninteresting. Show up at someone's house in a Chevy Uplander and not only are you that guy with that minivan, but you picked the worst possible one.

#2 Toyota Yaris 3-Door
[Image: 1yaris_012aa.jpg]
There is nothing wrong with owning a new car at the lower end of the economic spectrum, but the Toyota Yaris looks like an Eastern European clown car. Well, we guess the Yaris would be OK if you were taking your date to the circus, because that way you can tell them it's a themed outing

#1 Ferrari 599 GTB
[Image: y599gtb_hi_06aa.jpg]
Any time you get behind the wheel of a Ferrari, you're having a good day. The 599 GTB has all the goods: the prancing horse, a 600+ hp V12 and a $300,000 price tag. But it's not for first dates. We know you think we're crazy here, but if you show up with one of the hottest supercars around, the date peaks at "Holy $!%*, nice car!", and has nowhere to go but down.

Original Article courtesy of autoblog.com
LOL The Grand Marquis and Taurus bits are funny.
"...nowhere to go but down". Isn't that the point if you own a Ferrari and you're still single? :lol: :lol:
Re: calling the 3dr Yaris "an Eastern European clown car"

I think any Eastern European circus would be pissed to be compared to that little turd on wheels, no matter how frugal it is :D

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Nov 27 2008, 04:03 PM Wrote:Re: calling the 3dr Yaris "an Eastern European clown car"

I think any Eastern European circus would be pissed to be compared to that little turd on wheels, no matter how frugal it is :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]277262[/snapback][/right]

In Communist countries, car clown you! :angry:
If you show up in the Ferrari you want pussy

If you show up in the yaris you want marriage

Both cars are fine in my opinion, it must have been an American that cant fit in a Yaris that wrote this.

Ferrari is a pussy magnet....wtf are they talking about?
yeah I can see why they ment "...nowhere to go but down", because you'd have to keep going out to only 5 star places all the time in a car like that.. imagine going to a mc donalds in that lol?
I totally understand why the rarri is on the list the best thing on the date is that car and shes not going to remember anything else than the car and prob want him for the money its more of a car you bring out after shes likes you for you.
ZX3_2NV,Nov 28 2008, 10:11 AM Wrote:I totally understand why the rarri is on the list the best thing on the date is that car and shes not going to remember anything else than the car and prob want him for the money its more of a car you bring out after shes likes you for you.
[right][snapback]277303[/snapback][/right]

Who cares? Was the end result in you getting laid? Yes - then mission accomplished.
Flofocus,Nov 28 2008, 09:13 AM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Nov 28 2008, 10:11 AM Wrote:I totally understand why the rarri is on the list the best thing on the date is that car and shes not going to remember anything else than the car and prob want him for the money its more of a car you bring out after shes likes you for you.
[right][snapback]277303[/snapback][/right]

Who cares? Was the end result in you getting laid? Yes - then mission accomplished.
[right][snapback]277305[/snapback][/right]

Something like "Get in and get out!" :lol:
Frost__2001,Nov 28 2008, 06:17 AM Wrote:yeah I can see why they ment "...nowhere to go but down", because you'd have to keep going out to only 5 star places all the time in a car like that.. imagine going to a mc donalds in that lol?
[right][snapback]277299[/snapback][/right]
How so? The Ferrari is a one date car. Get 'em in and out quickly! Billions served.
Are these old guys forgetting about the girls that put out on the first date? Something with room is very welcomed B)
CanadaSVT,Nov 28 2008, 11:15 AM Wrote:Are these old guys forgetting about the girls that put out on the first date?  Something with room is very welcomed  B)
[right][snapback]277316[/snapback][/right]
Don't be so cheap. Get a room.
well, you can go get a room and spoil the moment, or u can turn the car off and finish where u just started.. chose your poison lol

ferarri screams money and gold diggers for sure, liked the line about the uplander tho classic
GFXjamie,Nov 28 2008, 01:04 PM Wrote:well, you can go get a room and spoil the moment, or u can turn the car off and finish where u just started.. chose your poison lol
[right][snapback]277328[/snapback][/right]
Depends if "finishing what you started" involves only one kick at the can, more than that can get pretty messy. I prefer not turning my car into a cum dumpster.
maybe she swallows?.... :ph34r:

Nice and clean..
D-Dub,Dec 2 2008, 09: Wrote:maybe she swallows?.... :ph34r:

Nice and clean..
[right][snapback]277535[/snapback][/right]
Any broad that can swallow a few rounds of skeet in one night isn't welcome in any of my cars.

Chalk it up to having a minimum standard.