FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gt-r Vs Gt2 At The 'ring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would still take the GT-R any day.
Porsche > all. Even if it was a "lowly" 911 Carerra 2, no S, no AWD, no turbos or screamer GT3 engine. Even circa 1989 or earlier ;)

It's an experience. And, from all the reviews I've read/seen/heard about, the GT-R is one thing that the 911 will never be: soulless. It's an automaton around the track, it is completely benign... devoid of passion.

A Porsche requires care, control and skill. It rewards the driver, even Porsche initiates like myself. For the half hour I drove my buddy's 911... I felt like a different person entirely, and not in a bad way.

I think Godzilla died with the R34. Take heart fellas, we can have 1995 R34s in 2010.
The thing about the GTR at the end of the day its still a Nissan Drive one down Yorkville and noone turns a head Noone with $$$ knows what the hell it is Drive down the same street with a Porsche or an Lexus IS-F Or even a damm audi S 5 and you have everyone looking. The GT-R is a drivers car and damm fast but still doesn't have a rep or style like its competitors
ZX3_2NV,Nov 25 2008, 09:07 AM Wrote:The thing about the GTR at the end of the day its still a Nissan Drive one down Yorkville and noone turns a head Noone with $$$ knows what the hell it is Drive down the same street with a Porsche or an Lexus IS-F Or even a damm audi S 5 and you have everyone looking. The GT-R is a drivers car and damm fast but still doesn't have a rep or style like its competitors
[right][snapback]277092[/snapback][/right]

I kind of agree. But downtown Oakville there are soooo many Porsches. Each time I've seen a black GTR pas by everybody stopped to look.

Still take any Porsche as my first pick.
Thing is, as nice as Porsches are to look at, they require a level of skill that few drivers possess if they want to go anywhere near the cars limits.

Sure the car has been tamed over the years, but even money says that if you gave the "average" GTA area driver one of these cars, put them on a track and told them to "push it" they'd have gone off the track or wrecked the car faster than you can say weiner schnitzel :P

NefCanuck
CanadaSVT,Nov 25 2008, 06:36 AM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Nov 25 2008, 09:07 AM Wrote:The thing about the GTR at the end of the day its still a Nissan Drive one down Yorkville and noone turns a head Noone with $$$ knows what the hell it is Drive down the same street with a Porsche or an Lexus IS-F Or even a damm audi S 5 and you have everyone looking. The GT-R is a drivers car and damm fast but still doesn't have a rep or style like its competitors
[right][snapback]277092[/snapback][/right]

I kind of agree. But downtown Oakville there are soooo many Porsches. Each time I've seen a black GTR pas by everybody stopped to look.

Still take any Porsche as my first pick.
[right][snapback]277093[/snapback][/right]

Thats oakville alot of pple know there cars in oakville Im talking Yorkville and rich buisness people don't give a crap about a nissan
Thinking about the ring makes me want to play GT4
CanadaSVT,Dec 4 2008, 12:20 PM Wrote:Thinking about the ring makes me want to play GT4
[right][snapback]277669[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I've been playing it again for the last week. Finally got my DeLorean!!
Scourge,Dec 8 2008, 03:40 PM Wrote:
CanadaSVT,Dec 4 2008, 12:20 PM Wrote:Thinking about the ring makes me want to play GT4
[right][snapback]277669[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I've been playing it again for the last week. Finally got my DeLorean!!
[right][snapback]277864[/snapback][/right]

We're not allowed to be talking about this on here but a quick post. I got to 99% on GT4 a couple of years ago. The only thing I couldn't do was beat the time for the McLaren Merc on the 'Ring.