FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Pricing Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just found out that Ford of Canada earlier this week quietly increased the price of the 09 Focus ... which, considering the auto business these days seems somewhat counter intuitive ... but anyway ... + 200.00 on all models and +100.00 on destination and delivery, for a total increase of $300.00 ... some of the options may have increased too, but I haven't looked that closely yet.
When I got some warrenty work done last month on my car the price was down. They had a 09 coupe loaded, leather, sunroof, and the 17in black crome rims for $19,500. Same price as my 08 but with a lot more extras...f#ck.
Hmm
Makes no sense without thinking too much about it.
I guess it's kinda like less cereal in the box I buy without me knowing.
Apparently there are a TON of companies doing this.
I'm not surprised, it's an incremental increase on the cost of the car itself, but the increase on the delivery charge works out to what? a 10% increase?

Is Ford saying that they were eating increased delivery costs while fuel was expensive and now looking at recovering their losses when fuel prices have dropped? :huh:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Nov 20 2008, 11:20 AM Wrote:I'm not surprised, it's an incremental increase on the cost of the car itself, but the increase on the delivery charge works out to what? a 10% increase?

Is Ford saying that they were eating increased delivery costs while fuel was expensive and now looking at recovering their losses when fuel prices have dropped? :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]276888[/snapback][/right]

When you can make more by gouging without people knowing better... it's capitalism. When you get caught, it's price gouging. Of course, they'll do anything to keep the shareholders happy at this point eh?