FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Door Hinge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if you can tighten up the door hinge so it doesn't swing open all the way when your in a parking spot ? Shouldn't it have a stop point somewhere half way open, or do I just have to replace the hinge... Thanks...
Yah it should stop half way on the hinge,
There is a little bar that slides in and out with the door. It should have a detent in it that will hold the door open about 2/3s, then you can push further to open it fully. Could be that the bar is bent slightly, and the detent is not grabbing...

/\ Thats what I was thinking
reldridge,Nov 20 2008, 10:26 AM Wrote:There is a little bar that slides in and out with the door. It should have a detent in it that will hold the door open about 2/3s, then you can push further to open it fully. Could be that the bar is bent slightly, and the detent is not grabbing...
[right][snapback]276882[/snapback][/right]
^^ x3

That piece was also the subject of a recall IIRC - it was changed from plastic to metal at some point.
Cool... I'll check that today, if they are plastic one's I can just replace them with the new metal one's then
Thanks...