FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2010 Fusion Pics And Huge Article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 20 2008, 07:40 AM Wrote:We keep getting shafted because either Ford and Mazda's tech-sharing deal isn't as good as we all think it is, or Ford of Canada STILL thinks we're all dumb enough to keep getting "new" vehicles while Europe gets the new vehicles.
[right][snapback]276878[/snapback][/right]

Now, don't single us out. All of NA gets screwed over. I'd maim for a Mondeo or Focus ST. Not worth killing for, but I'd maim... :lol:
Don't get me wrong, I love my truck (never thought I'd say that one again). Then again, the Maverick in the EU/Australia is not much different at all, functionally, than the Escape/Mariner/Tribute here. That's one thing I do like about it, for sure.

It's like having a 2000-04 Focus and knowing that's as close to the Real Thing ™ as you can legally get at that point in time - off the showroom floor. ;)
New Fusion has a nice little boost in HP and TQ to be more competitive with the imports, and it's FINALLY got some proper bloody headlights! Halogen's BEGONE! it's almost 200-and friken'-9! lol

I think it still looks better than the new Mazda 6. The new 6 looks just like every other Jap car now with smooth lines and slash-style headlights and tailights...the last generation 6 looked nothing like an Accord or Camry, whereas the new one does.

There is still talk of an ST or SVT Fusion with a 3.5 stroked to 3.8L, with around 300hp...

The front, and sides of the Fusion look great, and the rear end isn't so bad...just that I wouldn't have put Taurus/500 style tail lights on it, and I'd loose the lame "Sport" emblem, or exchange it for an ST emblem. As far as the interior goes, I'd also get rid of the blue, and replace it with graphite/silver like they use in vehicles like...dare I say it...my Escape? Hehehe...

Still, they have gone the right direction with this car, and I'm sure the Fusion is only going to continue to be a hit (especially if they do something outrageous like bring the Falcon XR8 or FPS Series from Australia, and rebadge those as the Fusion in the next overhaul)...

L8tz
Drivesthebeast,Nov 21 2008, 10:46 PM Wrote:There is still talk of an ST or SVT Fusion with a 3.5 stroked to 3.8L, with around 300hp...

The front, and sides of the Fusion look great, and the rear end isn't so bad...just that I wouldn't have put Taurus/500 style tail lights on it, and I'd loose the lame "Sport" emblem, or exchange it for an ST emblem.  As far as the interior goes, I'd also get rid of the blue, and replace it with graphite/silver like they use in vehicles like...dare I say it...my Escape?  Hehehe...

L8tz
[right][snapback]276972[/snapback][/right]

I'm hearing those rumors too of a tweaked Fusion, but I'm thinking that it's not likely to happen unless they really juice up the MKZ as well. I can't see Ford making a "mainstream" car that outhustles its luxury brands (or worse yet a Mustang.... because AWD and 300HP? That would send the low end Mustangs home with their tails between their legs and that'd drive the ponycar fans nuts)

NefCanuck
Drivesthebeast,Nov 21 2008, 11:46 PM Wrote:New Fusion has a nice little boost in HP and TQ to be more competitive with the imports, and it's FINALLY got some proper bloody headlights!  Halogen's BEGONE!  it's almost 200-and friken'-9! lol

I think it still looks better than the new Mazda 6.  The new 6 looks just like every other Jap car now with smooth lines and slash-style headlights and tailights...the last generation 6 looked nothing like an Accord or Camry, whereas the new one does. 

There is still talk of an ST or SVT Fusion with a 3.5 stroked to 3.8L, with around 300hp...

The front, and sides of the Fusion look great, and the rear end isn't so bad...just that I wouldn't have put Taurus/500 style tail lights on it, and I'd loose the lame "Sport" emblem, or exchange it for an ST emblem.  As far as the interior goes, I'd also get rid of the blue, and replace it with graphite/silver like they use in vehicles like...dare I say it...my Escape?  Hehehe...

Still, they have gone the right direction with this car, and I'm sure the Fusion is only going to continue to be a hit (especially if they do something outrageous like bring the Falcon XR8 or FPS Series from Australia, and rebadge those as the Fusion in the next overhaul)...

L8tz
[right][snapback]276972[/snapback][/right]
^^ x2 - I like it a lot better than the new Mazda6 (which I don't like the look of at all) ... and how hard could a stroker version be ... they already do a 3.7L version for Lincoln at 273 hp - even that engine would be a nice option with a decent suspension.
Pages: 1 2