FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2010 Mustang
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did you guys see the commercial on tv. It's pretty cool.
Small upgrades to the body and interior.....nothing special.

Power is the same and the car still uses stage coach rear axle......
D-Dub,Nov 18 2008, 04: Wrote:Small upgrades to the body and interior.....nothing special.

[right][snapback]276732[/snapback][/right]

It's what the majority of Mustang fans want though, sales prove it so why would Ford risk alienating the customer base?

Frankly I think for some buyers, the feel of the live axle is part of the car's appeal, but having seen Mustangs of recent vintage being flung around at a lapping day, I'll take my 4 wheel IRS as easier to control thanks :P

NefCanuck
D-Dub,Nov 18 2008, 04: Wrote:Small upgrades to the body and interior.....nothing special.

[right][snapback]276732[/snapback][/right]

i know eh

specs are same as Bullet i believe

can Darkpuppet catch up with 'em? :D
They'll have to do something considering the camaro v6 will have more power than ford mustang's v8. :lol:
Flofocus,Nov 18 2008, 09:28 PM Wrote:They'll have to do something considering the camaro v6 will have more power than ford mustang's v8.  :lol:
[right][snapback]276736[/snapback][/right]

but at the rate that GM is burning through cash, will they be around long enough to sell any Camaros
I think they could have done better. With all the new ChryCo. muscle cars coming out I think Ford is going to have a tough battle. Doesn't work for me.
Well If I was going to spend 35k on a car I would by a WRX265. It does look better no real "wow" factor for me.
Flofocus,Nov 18 2008, 05:28 PM Wrote:They'll have to do something considering the camaro v6 will have more power than ford mustang's v8.  :lol:
[right][snapback]276736[/snapback][/right]

The painted the mirror caps :ph34r:
It was supposed to have a new 6.2L, 400HP V8. I guess they're making the Mustang faithful wait for an EcoBoost mill.
The 2010 Mustang is about evolution, not revolution. That was 2005. Think of this as being the facelift from 1964/66 to 1967/68 Mustangs. Tighten, more luxurious, more bawls.

From what I've read, there will be the V6 and GT to start. Then there is a good chance for a Bullit/Mach 1 (400hp, either 5.4L or 6.2L), and then all the Shelby variants.

Ford is keeping the GT with the 4.6L 315hp because it's actually pretty efficient, and wins the cylinder war versus the V6 Challenger and V6 Camaro, which are at the same hp/price point. The V6 Mustang will under cut the other two in price, get better mileage and get the volume portion, the all important secretary/midlife crisis/Darkpuppet demographic. :lol: I keed...
LOL @ Darkpuppet demographic.

They should have the "drop the Hammer" edition, with standard racing stripes, 18" wheels and missing TPMS sensors. :ph34r:

reldridge,Nov 19 2008, 10:01 AM Wrote:The 2010 Mustang is about evolution, not revolution. That was 2005. Think of this as being the facelift from 1964/66 to 1967/68 Mustangs. Tighten, more luxurious, more bawls.

Ford is keeping the GT with the 4.6L 315hp because it's actually pretty efficient, and wins the cylinder war versus the V6 Challenger and V6 Camaro, which are at the same hp/price point. The V6 Mustang will under cut the other two in price, get better mileage and get the volume portion, the all important secretary/midlife crisis/Darkpuppet demographic. :lol: I keed...
[right][snapback]276783[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, I dunno, they have to be very careful, in using the comparo that you are there is a fine tipping point between "more luxourious" and "overweight porker", which is the trap that the Mustang fell into in the late 60's early 70's...

Besides, if they want "more luxourious" they could always revive the Cougar nameplate (Since that was what the Cougar initally was, before the nameplate got slapped on the T Bird variant)

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 19 2008, 11:56 AM Wrote:LOL @ Darkpuppet demographic.

They should have the "drop the Hammer" edition, with standard racing stripes, 18" wheels and missing TPMS sensors. :ph34r:
[right][snapback]276796[/snapback][/right]

Or the North Bay edition. Auto trans, truck tires, modified light bulbs,rifle rack and an integrated dog crate instead of rear seats.
Uhm, the Escape only comes with an auto for this model year (and for all useful models since at least 2004).

I was cracking a joke that predates your membership here (and indeed mine) by quite some time. Are you done being an asshat now or have I offended your childish sensibilities THAT much?
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 19 2008, 01:18 PM Wrote:Uhm, the Escape only comes with an auto for this model year (and for all useful models since at least 2004).

I was cracking a joke that predates your membership here (and indeed mine) by quite some time. Are you done being an asshat now or have I offended your childish sensibilities THAT much?
[right][snapback]276814[/snapback][/right]

I was talking about your auto Focus. It sounds like you need a tissue.
Canadian ST,Nov 19 2008, 01:29 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 19 2008, 01:18 PM Wrote:Uhm, the Escape only comes with an auto for this model year (and for all useful models since at least 2004).

[right][snapback]276818[/snapback][/right]

Actually, from what you typed it sounds as though YOU need more than a tissue - perhaps therapy.
Falken Already Put together a 2010 Drifter Stang and look who Ford Choose to help them launch it.

[Image: 2010falkendriftmustang_03.jpg]

[Image: 2010mustangintrolive_16.jpg]

NOS2Go4Me,Nov 19 2008, 01:42 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Nov 19 2008, 01:29 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]276818[/snapback][/right]

Actually, from what you typed it sounds as though YOU need more than a tissue - perhaps therapy.
[right][snapback]276820[/snapback][/right]

Yes its true I need a tissue, I'm just so jealous of your.....nothing.
Pages: 1 2