FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Svt, Some Questions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats up guys, i just picked up a 03 SVT to acompany my daily 01 sedan, Im looking for all four disks, pads, and front bearings, any body have any links? Also, theres a strange noise coming from the drivers side fender, sounds like a bad pump, any idea what it could be??
Ohh good job on the purchase Is that where my parts are going? I wonder what the noise is is the car runnig alright
imncrxtc,Nov 14 2008, 11:30 AM Wrote:Whats up guys, i just picked up a 03 SVT to acompany my daily 01 sedan,  Im looking for all four disks, pads, and front bearings, any body have any links?  Also, theres a strange noise coming from the drivers side fender, sounds like a bad pump, any idea what it could be??
[right][snapback]276393[/snapback][/right]
Sorry if you mentioned before, but where are you located? If you're in the GTA I can hook you up with great deals on Ford dealer parts, and I have good connections in the states for aftermarket stuff.
ZTWsquared,Nov 14 2008, 01:35 PM Wrote:
imncrxtc,Nov 14 2008, 11:30 AM Wrote:Whats up guys, i just picked up a 03 SVT to acompany my daily 01 sedan,  Im looking for all four disks, pads, and front bearings, any body have any links?  Also, theres a strange noise coming from the drivers side fender, sounds like a bad pump, any idea what it could be??
Sorry if you mentioned before, but where are you located? If you're in the GTA I can hook you up with great deals on Ford dealer parts, and I have good connections in the states for aftermarket stuff.
[right][snapback]276412[/snapback][/right]

Thanks zx3_2nv, i bought your parts for the sedan, i picked up the SVT by fluke, i was looking for some parts on line and saw the add, 2 hours later i drove it home. It needs some tlc. Im not 100% sure il keep it, i might fix a few things and sell it, i know it sounds stupid, but im loving the sedan right now, i need the trunk space for work and i love the gas millage. How do i post pics? Id like to have the noise checked out, but im sure someone knows what it is.

As for parts, i am in the GTA, can you get me a cost on all 4 rotors and pads??
imncrxtc,Nov 14 2008, 05:43 PM Wrote:As for parts, i am in the GTA, can you get me a cost on all 4 rotors and pads??
[right][snapback]276433[/snapback][/right]
Give me a day and I'll have some good options for you to choose from.
if you decide to unload the svt very soon let me konw ... i'm in the market for a new car
schade,Nov 14 2008, 07:24 PM Wrote:if you decide to unload the svt very soon let me konw ... i'm in the market for a new car
[right][snapback]276447[/snapback][/right]

come check it out and make an offer.
ZTWsquared,Nov 14 2008, 02:35 PM Wrote:

Next time your looking to buy parts, here's a tip:
Follow thru with it or let the person know your no longer interested!
Don't just ignore the guy and the PM's...
I went outta my way to grab that bumper for you, then you just ignore me??
Outstanding...
This place has a pretty good deal on a drilled & slotted rotor/pad/SS line package for the SVTf, but if you're looking to unload the car right away you may not want to spend this much.

http://forums.focaljet.com/new-products-de...ke-package.html
WuNgUnSVT,Nov 17 2008, 05:19 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Nov 14 2008, 02:35 PM Wrote:

Next time your looking to buy parts, here's a tip:
Follow thru with it or let the person know your no longer interested!
Don't just ignore the guy and the PM's...
I went outta my way to grab that bumper for you, then you just ignore me??
Outstanding...
[right][snapback]276637[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm ... okay imncrxtc - PM sent - looking forward to your reply.
SVT ZX3,Nov 17 2008, 06:14 PM Wrote:This place has a pretty good deal on a drilled & slotted rotor/pad/SS line package for the SVTf, but if you're looking to unload the car right away you may not want to spend this much.

http://forums.focaljet.com/new-products-de...ke-package.html
[right][snapback]276648[/snapback][/right]
Seems like a pretty good deal but I'm not thrilled with the generic rotors and generic Centric pads - just spoke to F2 and shipping to Canada is 92.00 USD ... so here's how the numbers work out to import:

355.00 + 92.00 = 447.00 USD
447.00 USD x 1.25 exchange = 559.00 CAD
559.00 x 1.13 (taxes) = 631.00
631.00 + 51.45 (UPS fee) = 682.00 CAD

Getting the SS lines is good, but I'm not sure this is a great deal for generic rotors and pads.
Yeah, the only thing I didn't care for was there is no brand name listed for the rotors. I never said I highly recommend this package, I just threw it out there because he asked for links and the price seems decent for what you're getting.
SVT ZX3,Nov 18 2008, 10:30 AM Wrote:Yeah, the only thing I didn't care for was there is no brand name listed for the rotors. I never said I highly recommend this package, I just threw it out there because he asked for links and the price seems decent for what you're getting.
[right][snapback]276695[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, I knew where you were coming from - it is a good price point (at least in the states it is) my thing is doing a deep dive and being realistic about the actual cost when you factor in importing to Canada.

355 USD is pretty good especially considering you get 80 bucks or so worth of ss line ... but then the question is what quality rotor and pad are you getting for essentially 275 USD.

Not only do they not list the brand in their ad, they couldn't tell me when I called (at least they knew the brand of the pad - Centric = cheap and made in China) ... and although the guy thought the rotors were made in the states, he wasn't really sure.

If price is your number one consideration, then it makes more sense to buy cheap Chinese rotors and pads here in Canada. If quality is the main criteria ... then importing this kit IMO isn't really a great option.
schade,Nov 14 2008, 08:24 PM Wrote:if you decide to unload the svt very soon let me konw ... i'm in the market for a new car
My SVT may be available ...
andrewned,Nov 18 2008, 07:29 PM Wrote:
schade,Nov 14 2008, 08:24 PM Wrote:if you decide to unload the svt very soon let me konw ... i'm in the market for a new car
My SVT may be available ...
[right][snapback]276749[/snapback][/right]

Over a week with no replies. Maybe nobody is in the mood to spend $$ in this recesion?
Everyone is buying Toyota Echo new model with 1.5 cylinder and enough power to push a shopping cart downhill....
[right][snapback]276749[/snapback][/right]
Quote:Over a week with no replies.  Maybe nobody is in the mood to spend $$ in this recesion?
[right][snapback]277129[/snapback][/right]