FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hvac Controls Only Work On 4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok the wagon i recently bought all of a sudden the blower doesn't work on settings 1, 2 or 3, but will work on full blast 4

Has any one had this problem?

It seems to be common in 2000 model year Fords since my Dad's F150 has the same problem :(

any tips on how to fix this would be great!
You already got a reply on FF :)) Blower resistor. I've seen a few threads with that issue on FF.
Yeah but i still had no idea where it was...

Did a bit more searching and found it in the How-to section on FF

in case anyone else needs to know this info too...
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showt...p?t=106631
Great find!
Funny that this fresh in my head at co worker that owns a Focus asked me about this today and right away I said blower resistor and she thought I was crazy SL8 I'll send you a PM 2 bring you attentiopn back to this post. I told her I'll find out more info for her. Is this something that I would be able to fix or should I direct her to a mechanic or dealer?
yeah it looks to be an easy fix...

i bought the part, just haven't got around to it yet

part is like $26, and it's located behind the glove box to the left. New part looks like it is held onto the blower motor with 1 screw or bolt

i'll be doing mine asap this weekend, and hope to have that damn wagon on the road soon too lol
ok let me know how it goes and where I can buy the part
ZX3_2NV,Nov 20 2008, 05:49 PM Wrote:ok let me know how it goes and where I can buy the part
[right][snapback]276922[/snapback][/right]

Dealership, i doubt this will be something carried by a parts store
OK so I took a look at it hers is white so what does that mean now? Do you have a part number and estimated time of labout if it was done at the dealer or a shop
bump any answers for me?
ZX3_2NV,Jan 5 2009, 06:31 PM Wrote:bump any answers for me?
[right][snapback]279085[/snapback][/right]
Ford # 3m5z18591ba
Motorcraft # YH1696
Canadian Dealer Price = 35.15

looks like an easy DIY job ... but if not, you might get dinged 1/2 hour at the shop - so call it 35 to 45 bucks to install.

Doesn't look like the colour means anything in terms of its function - probably just different suppliers (ie: a Mexican piece vs. European piece) - Ford lists the same part for every Focus model from 00-07.
Color means nothing

Wagon 1 had a Blue Resistor pack which went and I replaced it with a brand new Black one

Wagon 2 has a White Resistor pack but it works fine so Im not messing with it..

about a year and a half ago I lost 1-2-3 and we kept it on 4 not knowing the result of this 3 weeks later (before i found the websites for into) we had smoke come out of the Blower Fans speed switch.. the switch shorted and took out the complete resistor pack..

$73 later at a Colony Ford's parts desk I buy both switch and resistor and asked the guy where to find the resistor... Took me about a half hour and the tools in my small emergency kit and it was fixed