FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Drag Vs Rally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So A guy on FF was bashing my Car calling it super weak because I built it for drag racing. So I checked out his car and its basically stock so I started bashing him. So Here is a little bit of entertainment for you guys all on the gallery section. Feel free to leave you own coments.

My Picture

His Picture

I'd have to agree with him on some of his points. I like drag racing, dont get me wrong, but its no where near Autocross and lapping days....not at all.

Love his subaru comments though, that made me laugh. My ex focus could outrun a turbo subaru, not his!

even then, put him in the snow, and watch him get owned. :lol:
did he steal my fog light??

he thinks putting 2 huge fog light(actually driving light on his) makes wrc look??wrong..

he keep saying canyon racing..i wanna ssee him driving..duh
some people are so ignorant, and simple minded
I mean, i dont really even like drag, but i'll back you up against an ass hat like that.

im sure if he built a drag car, it would suck hard, and you built a "canyon car" you would leave him in the dust.

thanks for the laugh by posting the galleries
konafocuswrc,Nov 13 2008, 12:13 PM Wrote:did he steal my fog light??

he thinks putting 2 huge fog light(actually driving light on his) makes wrc look??wrong..

he keep saying canyon racing..i wanna ssee him driving..duh
[right][snapback]276344[/snapback][/right]
If he's racing at night I guess the lights make sense ... but is Canyon racing a sanctioned thing, or is he talking essentially about street racing?
When I hear Canyon Racing I think Drifters but thats just Me and Im pretty sure its not sanctioned, As for his arguments flo I know there is a few people that agree with him he makes like 2 decent points. But its just the way he started it that I thought I would bash him and they way he thinks his car is so amazing just kills me. We all know a non boosted Foci cannot compete with a WRX or STI I think the only guy that has a shot at that is EGZ with his 200whp natural duratec.
ZX3_2NV,Nov 13 2008, 01:02 PM Wrote:When I hear Canyon Racing I think Drifters but thats just Me and Im pretty sure its not sanctioned, As for his arguments flo I know there is a few people that agree with him he makes like 2 decent points. But its just the way he started it that I thought I would bash him and they way he thinks his car is so amazing just kills me. We all know a non boosted Foci cannot compete with a WRX or STI I think the only guy that has a shot at that is EGZ with his 200whp natural duratec.
[right][snapback]276348[/snapback][/right]
Hmmm ... well first of all street racing = epic fail IMO (someone should call him out on that) ... and secondly, I'm not sure I get it ... is this like fender to fender racing or is it a timed thing.

I must admit the idea of racing on a course like Mosport has much more appeal to me than drag racing (I prefer to watch --- LOL drag racing, that is) ... but if Canyon racing doesn't include taking corners at 100mph with a BMW 20 ft behind (and sometimes 20 ft in front!) , I think I'd find it a bit tame.
ZTWsquared,Nov 13 2008, 01:21 PM Wrote:street racing = epic fail IMO (someone should call him out on that)[right][snapback]276349[/snapback][/right]

Its ff, I dont think they care about it...not like some here do anyways.
how old is this guy? to me its sounds like a 16yr that just got his licence and he thinks he is a rally car driver.

I was like that with my dodge colt when i just got my licence too :D until i tried doing a rally trun on my street and ended up taken two wheels out by hitting the curb. That was the end of my rally days :)
Link to the thread? I can't find it. :unsure:
there is no thread its in the picture galleries
Thanks Dru. I added my 2 cents on his page. 1st post on page 2.
Bottom line, you are making a FWD car run low 13s, how many people can say there car is with in even 1.5 seconds of your car?
Flofocus,Nov 13 2008, 11:38 AM Wrote:I'd have to agree with him on some of his points.  I like drag racing, dont get me wrong, but its no where near Autocross and lapping days....not at all.

[right][snapback]276342[/snapback][/right]

That is cause your car is slow.. When I crew with my dad or Bro' alot better

can't compare 7 sec cars to 300 hp cars
Drag Racing and Rally Racing are two completely different animals.Whichever makes the owner happy is good, just make sure you have the horses to do it up right. ( which, our Canadian Drag Racer has ) :D
Besides, the "rally" guys extra lights look dumb.
DD1,Nov 13 2008, 06:18 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Nov 13 2008, 11:38 AM Wrote:I'd have to agree with him on some of his points.  I like drag racing, dont get me wrong, but its no where near Autocross and lapping days....not at all.

[right][snapback]276342[/snapback][/right]

That is cause your car is slow.. When I crew with my dad or Bro' alot better

can't compare 7 sec cars to 300 hp cars
[right][snapback]276362[/snapback][/right]

LISTEN DOUCHE BAG. I SAID I LIKE DRAG RACING.
oic now thanks they say the first thing to go is your eyes LOL
[Image: Fast20Driver.jpg]
^^ Fast cars don't always go straight. theres a lot to be said about pedaling a monster down the track, setting up susp. nitrous jets and timing for getting out of the hole, weather conditions.

Don't get me wrong road racing is cool, but there is a lot more to drag racing then just going 1320'
DD1,Nov 13 2008, 08:25 PM Wrote:^^ Fast cars don't always go straight. theres a lot to be said about pedaling a monster down the track, setting up susp. nitrous jets and timing for getting out of the hole, weather conditions.

Don't get me wrong road racing is cool, but there is a lot more to drag racing then just going 1320'
[right][snapback]276368[/snapback][/right]

that 7sec car that you have mentioned.....is it streetable?
Pages: 1 2