FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Alignment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just threw on my winters and noticed that I have a bit of odd wear on the tires so I want get an alignmnet done, just wondering what the going rate is for a 4 wheel alignment?

Any thing to remember or watch out for when aligning an SVT?

Thanks
David
I think crappy tire does it for like $30-$40
Its about $90, go to a local shop.
I had mine done yesterday actually. $75.

I'd ask around in your area and find somebody reputable. You could always check the dealer to, as I know the dealers in my area sometimes run alignment specials.

Ryan
Uhm... do NOT go to CT. PLEASE. After my latest mishap with them, I really can't recommend that anyone should go there.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 14 2008, 02:54 PM Wrote:Uhm... do NOT go to CT. PLEASE. After my latest mishap with them, I really can't recommend that anyone should go there.
[right][snapback]276415[/snapback][/right]

Unless you know somebody on the inside, I wouldn't let CT touch one of my cars...
Get a stealership to do it, or take it to a tire shop like OK tire or Firestone and get the 4-wheel done. I got my alignment done 2x during the time I had the ZX3, and it was around $90 each time. I still have to get a 4-wheel alignment done to my Escape, which is probably going to be a little bit more...

L8tz
Drivesthebeast,Nov 14 2008, 11:21 PM Wrote:Get a stealership to do it, or take it to a tire shop like OK tire or Firestone and get the 4-wheel done.  I got my alignment done 2x during the time I had the ZX3, and it was around $90 each time.  I still have to get a 4-wheel alignment done to my Escape, which is probably going to be a little bit more...

L8tz
[right][snapback]276462[/snapback][/right]

Shouldn't be any more, as the Escape is a unibody.

I'd contact Frisby tire on Merivale for an alignment on it...

-Ryan
reldridge,Nov 17 2008, 01:02 PM Wrote:
Drivesthebeast,Nov 14 2008, 11:21 PM Wrote:Get a stealership to do it, or take it to a tire shop like OK tire or Firestone and get the 4-wheel done.  I got my alignment done 2x during the time I had the ZX3, and it was around $90 each time.  I still have to get a 4-wheel alignment done to my Escape, which is probably going to be a little bit more...

L8tz
[right][snapback]276462[/snapback][/right]

Shouldn't be any more, as the Escape is a unibody.

I'd contact Frisby tire on Merivale for an alignment on it...

-Ryan
[right][snapback]276614[/snapback][/right]

All good advice ... also: whatever shop you choose ask them what kind of machine they have and how often it is calibrated ... if they don't know or it was calibrated more than 6 or 7 months ago, continue shopping around.
and make sure they will provide you with a before and after printout. If they offer 2 wheel alignment run away fast!
isn't it easy to do it yourself? I changed all 4 winter tires really easy.
cornflakes,Nov 20 2008, 06:53 PM Wrote:isn't it easy to do it yourself? I changed all 4 winter tires really easy.
[right][snapback]276923[/snapback][/right]
yeah, he's talking about getting an alignment