FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fixing Electrical
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would one go about fixing electrical problems in his Ford Focus guys? Like my rear break lights are always on for some reason even though all the bulbs are of the correct kind and are properly installed. Is there a good Ford Focus 'electrician' place, other than the dealership, that you may refer me to please? Thanks
take your foot off the brake.......god I kill myself
hanserus,Nov 11 2008, 06:41 PM Wrote:How would one go about fixing electrical problems in his Ford Focus guys? Like my rear break lights are always on for some reason even though all the bulbs are of the correct kind and are properly installed. Is there a good Ford Focus 'electrician' place, other than the dealership, that you may refer me to please? Thanks
[right][snapback]276244[/snapback][/right]

Is that your only symptom?

If so, I had the same problem, its not electrical, theres a 'boot' that goes over the break sensor that is stuck. go underneath and check it out, you should see what I mean...this happened to me back in 02 or 03....a while ago.
hanserus,Nov 11 2008, 10:41 PM Wrote:How would one go about fixing electrical problems in his Ford Focus guys? Like my rear break lights are always on for some reason even though all the bulbs are of the correct kind and are properly installed. Is there a good Ford Focus 'electrician' place, other than the dealership, that you may refer me to please? Thanks
[right][snapback]276244[/snapback][/right]

i was gona say it has something to do with 401 Traffic. My brake lights are always on too. But so is everyone else :)

If its a Hatch theres a chance that some lines are crossed. My rear lights went all crazy then i found a uninsulated wire taped it up and fixed up all the problems
mo_focus,Nov 12 2008, 11:04 AM Wrote:i was gona say it has something to do with 401 Traffic. My brake lights are always on too. But so is everyone else :)
[right][snapback]276277[/snapback][/right]
Strangely enough though, the turn signal bulbs seem to last forever... :blink:
OAC_Sparky,Nov 12 2008, 02:19 PM Wrote:Strangely enough though, the turn signal bulbs seem to last forever... :blink:
[right][snapback]276292[/snapback][/right]

how would you know? I've never seen any actually light up on the 401...
darkpuppet,Nov 12 2008, 02:27 PM Wrote:how would you know?  I've never seen any actually light up on the 401...
[right][snapback]276294[/snapback][/right]

Why, its more energy efficient to give post-turn hand signals.
Flofocus,Nov 11 2008, 06:26 PM Wrote:a 'boot' that goes over the break sensor that is stuck.

thanks Flofocus. What's the best way to get to a break sensor? Does the rear wheel have to come off first?

Flofocus,Nov 11 2008, 06:26 PM Wrote:Is that your only symptom?

Actually there's more stuff that I'd like to get someone who has worked with Ford Focus electrical and computer and has the right tools and hardware to do it to take care of... like resetting (or if it needs fixing, so be it) onboard computer settings for airbag, seat belts and car battery that showed to have 'errors' associated with them during diagnostics, which a buddy of mine did with his diagnostic until... but the car battery is brand new, the seat belts were replaced and work fine, and the airbags never deployed in this car, so seems like the problem is with the electrical or the computer.... know anyone?