FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Changing Up The Look A Little
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i bought that OEM bumper off castone about a week ago and decided it is time to install it. now i havent picked up the foglight delete peices or marker lights from a wrecker yet (if you have any PM me, would be sweet instead of searching)

I also have some of those black housing projector angel eyes headlights on their way right now aswell that i grabbed (ebay special woot)

-stock bumper
-cut out lower grill
-home depot lip kit
-flat black center section
-flat black upper grill surround
-6000k HID's
-sexy intercooler :)

cheers!
Out with the old:
[Image: IMG00024-20100413-1129.jpg]

In with the new:
[Image: GetAttachment.jpg]

Also a little something i did with bumper off:
[Image: IMG00045-20100424-1825.jpg]

im thinking of moving plate to the side or something to show off intercooler better. it covers up my "FS" logo on it :( it looked awesome with the plate not even there at all!

Now you have a Focus GF-ex.
GFW ftw!

Sorry but it is just a nicer bumper than the regular one
SL8RZZX3,Apr 25 2010, 06:27 PM Wrote:GFW ftw!

Sorry but it is just a nicer bumper than the regular one
[right][snapback]305847[/snapback][/right]

coming from the guy who likes the evo bumper? LMAO

jk

i wanted to change the look up a bit plus the GFX one was pretty haggard.

and im still GFX as i have GFX rear still! no wing however from it tho LOL
looks awesome

off topic but is it legal to drive without a hood???
not saying you did or are just a general question
it is legal, if eerything is tied down IE: nothing loose or moving around

i did it for a couple days and did it for a week last summer. its funny seeing the looks people give
i like the stock bumper better :( lol...the new one looks more euro to me though, so it still looks sleek

and fmic's always look sweet peeking behind a bumper :)
I like the grills and such in front of the intercooler, at least some mesh or something in front. It may help with some bugs/stones so they don't hit the intercooler...

FS on the intercooler is sweet tho, did you make your own stencil?
i made my own stencil, took a logo off their site, blew it up, traced into card board and BAM done lol

i like the euro look a little better. the GFX bumper is to blah to me now, ive had it for almost 3 years LOL

time to change it up plus the old one needed a complete re paint. it was pretty haggard. it also has a split in the lower lip section and the lower grill never stayed in... im sure you can understand why i hated it
Jamie,

Can you do me a favour? Can you do a measurement for me? I need to know what the height is of the bumper compared to stock. I want to change out my stock one sometime, GFX and F2 RS are my only options. Problem is I have a crap driveway that is steep and used to rub my stock one, but I have some better clearance now and might be able to put on a GFX.
ill take a quick measurement for ya. if all works take away my bumper, getting it painted and such will fix my issues with it, i just couldnt be bothered LOL

i really dont think its much different however. ill take measurement from mounting tabs to bottom of lip for ya for comparison tonite.
You would have better air flow to the cooler with the gfx. and I agree it's pretty much a gf ex lol I really like what you did with the FS logo.
Why not a FocusCanada logo? support the forums.

but other than that it looks good
ya because i can just grab a stencil of focuscanada to put on a 24" or w.e it is intercooler....

LOL

as for cooling, surprisingly enough, the grill opening isnt a whole lot different. GFX has a dip in the middle aside from that not a pile difference. if i move the plate the entire intercooler is exposed except 0.5" bottom and top which isnt any different from last bumper. u can see the piping going to the end tanks when looking at it. picture doesnt do it any justice at all because it was around 730, my HID's were on and its my cell phone.

once i move the plate and finish up the rest of the touches ill post some updated pictures.

this was a cheap solution to a better looking front end paint wise. personally i love it!
The FS logo looks ghetto.
cool
I like the old bumper a lot more. Your car tho!
when every focus in my area has the GFX bumper, and no1 has a modified stocker i like it better lol

i dont like looking like other peoples cars. not to mention i work with a guy who has (had) an almost identical focus as some may of met at the meet.

ive changed the car a lot to not go with the grain. looking like everyone else is just ghey. its still clean, no big flares or wings. plain.

Also, still looking for foglight blockoffs and marker lights. anyone have any??
Looks great man!

I planned on smoothing out the body lines and putting it on, but I found my SAP front for $250 with the grill, fogs, and already painted black so I ended up not needing this bumper anymore.
GFXjamie,Apr 28 2010, 02:05 PM Wrote:when every focus in my area has the GFX bumper, and no1 has a modified stocker i like it better lol

i dont like looking like other peoples cars. not to mention i work with a guy who has (had) an almost identical focus as some may of met at the meet.

ive changed the car a lot to not go with the grain. looking like everyone else is just ghey. its still clean, no big flares or wings. plain.

Also, still looking for foglight blockoffs and marker lights. anyone have any??
[right][snapback]306067[/snapback][/right]
Why not do something interesting with the fog light openings like duct the cold air somewhere useful?
Pages: 1 2