FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Much Do You Think I Could Get ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm Looking to sell my car i want to buy something bettter..

I check the blue book value and said it was worth between 7 and 9 grand.. how much do you think i could get for it ??

2003 Focus ZX5 --> 30,000km

Fully Loaded Roush Leather Seats.
Pioneer 9800 Deck with 2 12" and Infiniti components up front and 6x8's in the rear (Its a badass system)

It comes with pattern teked interior pieces
Focus Sport Stelth Exhaust and Volant Intake..

I would be Looking to get around 8,000 For it Do you think i could get it ?

Also do you think it would be Better for my to take out the Subs at the Back and sell them Seperately ?? B/c i can make a few hundred bucks on that maybe more like 500-600 on them with amp and enclosure..

what do you guys think is it reasonable ???

When you sell car, the stereos, rims, intake (engine components0 really don't mean anything because the car has to have that stuff to run anyways so yes sell seperately unless you can get a good bit.
mister_bin,Nov 8 2008, 01:25 PM Wrote:I'm Looking to sell my car i want to buy something bettter..

I check the blue book value and said it was worth between 7 and 9 grand.. how much do you think i could get for it ??

Pioneer 9800 Deck with 2 12" and Infiniti components up front and 6x8's in the rear (Its a badass system)

Also do you think it would be Better for my to take out the Subs at the Back and sell them Seperately  ?? B/c i can make a few hundred bucks on that maybe more like 500-600 on them with amp and enclosure..

[right][snapback]276151[/snapback][/right]
Except for people like on this board, the extra's are sometimes a negative - most people shopping Focus are looking for an economical car and things like Roush seats or a sports exhaust have no value to them - so not only do you not get the money for them it actually makes the car more difficult to sell.

If you can't sell it to someone on here, my advice is to take back to stock wherever possible and sell the extra pieces separately.

Also helps to know if it's auto or 5-speed
i tell ya, blue book and black book dont mean anything these days. Gas prices are really screwing the 4cyl prices. My brother is looking for a cheap SX 2.0L for the wife and black book is saying its worth around 900 to 2200 for an 03 with 100K on it. Well guess what??? in the auction its going for 3500 and outside its worth around 3500 to 5500.

So now in your case, i would say 8K is a great price. you are asking for something realistic and it should go fast considering if its stock.
Black book is giving it 6600 to 8300. with 30K Auto. if its 5spd then its 6100 to 7800. But then again as i said bc of gas prices 4cyl cars are lot more in price then 6 or 8cyl.

Goodluck with the sale.
8k is good price with 30000km on it

Just take out boom box and intake
Take it back to stock.
Sells after-market items seperately.

Most car buyers hesistate purchasing vehicles that have been "tampered" with. As bad as that sounds it's true. Plus you might have some better luck getting a couple more $$$ selling the aftermarket stuff seperately, as if you were to sell them complete with the purchase of the vehicle.

Good luck nontheless.
Thats what i was thinking of doing... that anyway strip it back to stock and try to sell the stuff aftermarket anyway..

Thanks for the tips guys..
send me pics of your car and all the info on it along with the VIN ... i'm looking for a new car quickly

schade@team47.ca
ZTWsquared,Nov 8 2008, 02:32 PM Wrote:
mister_bin,Nov 8 2008, 01:25 PM Wrote:I'm Looking to sell my car i want to buy something bettter..

Also do you think it would be Better for my to take out the Subs at the Back and sell them Seperately  ?? B/c i can make a few hundred bucks on that maybe more like 500-600 on them with amp and enclosure..

[right][snapback]276151[/snapback][/right]
Except for people like on this board, the extra's are sometimes a negative - most people shopping Focus are looking for an economical car and things like Roush seats or a sports exhaust have no value to them - so not only do you not get the money for them it actually makes the car more difficult to sell.

If you can't sell it to someone on here, my advice is to take back to stock wherever possible and sell the extra pieces separately.

Also helps to know if it's auto or 5-speed
[right][snapback]276153[/snapback][/right]

Yes good idea, take parts off, replace with stock parts and sell upgraded parts to people who NEED them and want them. much more money in your pocket! and parts in mine!