FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Torsen Lsd For Mtx75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm interested to hear if anybody has put the Torsen LSD in their Focus, and what they think of it. I was at a driving school on the weekend, and my instructor suggest this an good upgrade to improve performance without messing with the emissions aspects of the car.

I'd also be interested if anybody did the install themselves. It's looks pretty involved, but I'm getting the "mod itch" again and all my previous mods were DIY.
I put in the Torsen T2 in my car, along with spec stage 3 clutch, focusspot flywheel and 4.06final drive. I would do all over again with the exception of the lightweight flywheel.

Cornering and slamming the gas (esp a little over 200whp) is damn fun. As for install I paid a shop to do the full install.
I did the Torsen T2 diff in mine too. I replaced it my self and it wasnt to hard. Just get new bearings from ford with a speed ring and press them on the differential so its good to go. Therefore its just a easier procedure. To be honest the hardest part I had was removing the old races for the new bearings. PM me if you want any more tips/pointers. Also if you do decide to do it yourself I can help you.
Burnin21,Nov 5 2008, 11:43 PM Wrote:I did the Torsen T2 diff in mine too. I replaced it my self and it wasnt to hard. Just get new bearings from ford with a speed ring and press them on the differential so its good to go. Therefore its just a easier procedure. To be honest the hardest part I had was removing the old races for the new bearings. PM me if you want any more tips/pointers. Also if you do decide to do it yourself I can help you.
[right][snapback]276073[/snapback][/right]
Burnin,

Thanks for the info. Would you have part numbers for the additional parts?

Also, did you need (or would have wanted to save time/trouble) any of the special tools that are referenced in the shop manual during the tranny assembly/disassembly?
How much are we talking about to buy a torsen T2?
I think they go for around $700 US
I had the same setup in my car as hardkore, except for the flywheel.

I loved the mod, made a difference when hammering it out of corners.

As for the install, I had a transmission shop do the work.
KillaCamST,Nov 6 2008, 03:53 AM Wrote:How much are we talking about to buy a torsen T2?
[right][snapback]276075[/snapback][/right]
Ford Racing M-4204-F20 (Torsen T-2)

855 CAD including taxes, duty etc, etc, etc (all-in) 10.00 shipping anywhere in Canada.

If I get two or more orders at the same time I'll ship them for free.
i have a torsen sitting in my living room that im itching to install.

i got mine from Steve at Tousley ford in the states. $533 USD + shipping +tax

for additional parts i bought 2 seals # BRS-46 and 2 bearings but i dont hae the # written down here at work, but it is in this pic
[Image: DSC02903.jpg]
i paid 534usd shipped to my door for my t2. get in touch with mike on ff he will hook you up with a phat(lol) deal
frig, I cant remember how much I paid, but I think it came to under $1200 for the dif and stg 3 clutch through hardkore...
faster_than_u,Nov 7 2008, 10:30 AM Wrote:i paid 534usd shipped to my door for my t2. get in touch with mike on ff he will hook you up with a phat(lol) deal
[right][snapback]276120[/snapback][/right]
So that included shipping, border fees, taxes, etc? That's frankly amazing ... does ff mean focus fanatics and who do you mean by Mike - thanks.
ZTWsquared,Nov 7 2008, 10:07 AM Wrote:So that included shipping, border fees, taxes, etc? That's frankly amazing ... does ff mean focus fanatics and who do you mean by Mike - thanks.
[right][snapback]276123[/snapback][/right]

Yeah he means FocusFanatics and he is refering to Mike aka b16sir1991, he works at Hilbish Ford parts dept. and hooks up members of FF
that Mike guy screwed me over once.....and then ignored my PM's
SL8RZZX3,Nov 7 2008, 11:25 AM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Nov 7 2008, 10:07 AM Wrote:So that included shipping, border fees, taxes, etc? That's frankly amazing ... does ff mean focus fanatics and who do you mean by Mike - thanks.
[right][snapback]276123[/snapback][/right]

Yeah he means FocusFanatics and he is refering to Mike aka b16sir1991, he works at Hilbish Ford parts dept. and hooks up members of FF
[right][snapback]276126[/snapback][/right]
Okay - just spoke to Mike at Hilbish ... here's how the numbers work out:

Dixie Ford = 795 + taxes = 890 CAD

Hilbish Ford - shipped to Canada = 534.75 + 50 s/h = 584.75 USD x 1.22 exch = 714 + taxes = 806 + border fees = 816 CAD

Tousley Ford shipped to Canada = 533.50 + 60 s/h = 593.50 USD x 1.22 exch = 724 + taxes = 818 + border fees = 828 CAD

Recrunching the numbers I can do this piece for 790 and I'll deliver in the GTA.
i paid 534 usd including shipping and it was usps and i didnt pay anything to the post office i just went and picked it up. so if you convert 534usd into cad thats what i paid.
Imack,

Differential Seals: F5RZ1S177AA (you need two)
Carrier Bearings: F7RZ4221AC (you will also need two)
Speed Ring: YS4Z4K322BA (I think this is the number)

As for the tools mentioned in the manual I dont care for them. I've never used them or even bothered to go find them. As I said the hardest part is getting those old races out and new races in. Its best to get a bearing press to assemble the bearings to the differential. It would be pretty difficult and frustrating with a rubber mallet :lol: That just about does it I think.
Burnin,
what is the speed ring? cuz that is a part that i didnt pick up. isnt there one on the old diff to reuse?

also the seal part number you mentioned above...
F5RZ1S177AA also = BRS 46
Burnin21,Nov 7 2008, 11:13 AM Wrote:Imack,

Differential Seals: F5RZ1S177AA (you need two)
Carrier Bearings: F7RZ4221AC (you will also need two)
Speed Ring: YS4Z4K322BA (I think this is the number)

As for the tools mentioned in the manual I dont care for them. I've never used them or even bothered to go find them. As I said the hardest part is getting those old races out and new races in. Its best to get a bearing press to assemble the bearings to the differential. It would be pretty difficult and frustrating with a rubber mallet :lol: That just about does it I think.
[right][snapback]276133[/snapback][/right]
Ken,

Would it be possible to get prices for these parts as well?

TIA,

Ivan.
thenorm,Nov 7 2008, 01:41 PM Wrote:Burnin,
what is the speed ring? cuz that is a part that i didnt pick up. isnt there one on the old diff to reuse?

also the seal part number you mentioned above...
F5RZ1S177AA  also = BRS 46
[right][snapback]276142[/snapback][/right]

The seal number I just pulled off of my alldata and that speed ring i've never been able to sucessfully removed one off the old diff. So I just order one from ford since it usually takes 3-5 business days. Its taken that long everytime i've ordered one anyways.
Pages: 1 2