FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Messed Up Fuses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I find out what fuse number I need to insert in the slot if it hasn't been properly labeled by Ford on the fuse legend.

I was just checking to see if all my fuses are working last night and found one of them wasn't where it was supposed to be and another fuse slot was where no fuse slots should have been at all!

I'm not too sure I want to assume that this mystery fuse slot is actually the missing fuse from the legend.

Or can I? What do you guys think??

Thanks
your owners manual has all the fuse locations and amperages. if that doesnt have the info u need, then i cant help u.
I used owners manual without any issues for replacing the fuses
You are doing it wrong
thenorm,Oct 31 2008, 04:45 PM Wrote:your owners manual has all the fuse locations and amperages. if that doesnt have the info u need, then i cant help u.
[right][snapback]275764[/snapback][/right]

NikiterZTS,Oct 31 2008, 08:27 PM Wrote:I used owners manual without any issues for replacing the fuses
You are doing it wrong
[right][snapback]275779[/snapback][/right]

Sorry I had the car bought for me few years ago off the lease auction and it came without the manual.

Any advise would really help guys.
aaahhh.......hmm.....i think member Hardcore has a manual on his computer
[Image: se57xi.jpg]
NikiterZTS,Nov 3 2008, 12:12 PM Wrote:aaahhh.......hmm.....i think member Hardcore has a manual on his computer
[right][snapback]275861[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Nikiter but the problem is not that I don't have the manual because from my post above you can see that there is one located on the back of the plastic shield that covers the fuse panel.

The problem is that this fuse manual has been labeled *wrong* by Ford!
What would happen if I was to put in a 20 fuse into the 'mystery' / 'unlabeled' F51 slot?

The reason I think it's a 20 fuse because F39 is a 20.

Anyone has any thoughts?
Is there any electrical function on your car that isn't working? The slot that is missing the fuse, what does the cover say it is for? If all is working, I would just leave well enough alone.
Just to be clear, when I say fuse I actually mean this thing

[Image: afu.jpg]

When I say 'fuse slot' I mean the actual connector socket designed for the insertion of a fuse.

My steering wheel controls stopped working. I'm investigating the fuses because I thought I blew some of them during a boost, which I got when my brand new battery died for no particular reason (don't shop at Canadian Tire! Product quality is poor!! And customer service sucks!)

But strangely enough all fuses turned out to be fine except for these two slots F39 and F51. F39 was empty and F51 has no socket at all. Meanwhile according to the manual F51 have no socket and F39 should have a socket for a 20 fuse and be associated with the car's cigarette lighter jack (I think) because it has a symbol of a smoking cigarette beside it.

However cigarette lighter jack works!!!

Should I assume that non-labeled F51 socket is for a 20 fuse as per label on the non-existing F39?

Could the factory have installed F39 socket to F51 spot during assembly by mistake?

Is there a way to check what number fuse an unknown fuse socket is for?
Well thank you for pointing out what a fuse is, I had no idea :ph34r:

Anyways, if all the fuses are fine and none are blown, then you can safely say that a fuse is not causing the steering wheel controls to not work.

Are you the only person who has owned this car? I only ask b/c a previous owner may have gotten creative on a repair or added something and that might explain why there is no fuse where there should be one and a fuse where none should be.

In the time i owned my focus I never looked that closely at the fuse panel, but can you see the back of it? If there are wires connected to the slot that shouldn't have a fuse I would trace them and see what they are connected to.
Thanks habmann

I felt I couldn't define slot without first defining fuse and I needed to define the former because it could have been misinterpreted since a hole without a socket may still be called a slot.

Sorry I didn't have my mechanic lingo down I'm just a simple cityboy fighting for my place under the sun lol