FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winter Tires?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the best ones and where to get them?

I have a set of 16" rims and would like to get something more narrow in effort to get more 'drivability' :)

I had Hankook ones last winter and they've been craaap...
Just go to an OK TIRE store and get the Arctic Claw's ok

Please Attn Everyone, Most Tire Warehouses Are Running Out Of Tires, Not A Lie Or A Joke. Once They Are Gone They Are Gone. And The Price Goes Up.
Sry to change the topic a lil.
What size is recommended for SVTF and 16" ???

Was quoted by Dixie Ford

205/55/R16
Bridgestone Blizaaaak - 180
Nokian - 170
Scorcher000,Oct 31 2008, 02:37 AM Wrote:Just go to an OK TIRE store and get the Arctic Claw's ok

Please Attn Everyone, Most Tire Warehouses Are Running Out Of Tires, Not A Lie Or A Joke. Once They Are Gone They Are Gone. And The Price Goes Up.
[right][snapback]275687[/snapback][/right]

most distribution centers have already increased the prices for there tires, and the rest should be upping there prices november 1st.

as for tires running out, a lot of it is just news hype

if people dont mind the drive to guelph we just recieved 350 snow tires in the shop today ;)
You should just go with all seasons, change your driving habits and slow down the rest of traffic. who cares about everybody else! :ph34r:
andrewned,Oct 30 2008, 09:44 PM Wrote:What size is recommended for SVTF and 16" ???

Was quoted by Dixie Ford

205/55/R16
Nokian - 170
[right][snapback]275688[/snapback][/right]

I just talked to my wife, Walmart has Dunlop Graspix DS-2 in your sze (205/55/16) for $112 a tire. Here is a link to the Tire Rack review page.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...el=Graspic+DS-2

They also sell the Nexan for less, I had them on my last car and they seemed to work great (until I got hit by a truck) Just remember that any snow tire will be way better in the snow compared to an all-season.
castone,Oct 30 2008, 10:12 PM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Oct 31 2008, 02:37 AM Wrote:Just go to an OK TIRE store and get the Arctic Claw's ok

most distribution centers have already increased the prices for there tires, and the rest should be upping there prices november 1st.

if people dont mind the drive to guelph we just recieved 350 snow tires in the shop today ;)
[right][snapback]275691[/snapback][/right]

Not news Hype, really people pulling long ass shifts at the main OK Tire distribution building telling me they are running out of them. No news hype.
Flofocus,Oct 31 2008, 08:55 AM Wrote:You should just go with all seasons, change your driving habits and slow down the rest of traffic.  who cares about everybody else!  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]275701[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
Scorcher000,Oct 31 2008, 11:48 AM Wrote:
castone,Oct 30 2008, 10:12 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]275691[/snapback][/right]

Not news Hype, really people pulling long ass shifts at the main OK Tire distribution building telling me they are running out of them. No news hype.
[right][snapback]275720[/snapback][/right]

lol, dood, he just said theyre getting 350 snow tires in the shop today. :lol:
Ya and thats y I said they are running out lol. They don't accept returns for winters untill Febuary and March. Just after Inventory.
Doesnt sound like theyre running out with them getting 350 tires in today. That was my point.
lol my cousin got 2000 2 days ago and my buddy got 5500 in a week ago. <_< lol
I've been tolled they are running out in the OK TIRE Distribution centre of Canada.
i end up getting x-ice II's. I was very happy with previous X-ice and since these were done, i decided to get new ones.
Flofocus,Oct 31 2008, 08:55 AM Wrote:You should just go with all seasons, change your driving habits and slow down the rest of traffic.  who cares about everybody else!  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]275701[/snapback][/right]
i tried that last year, needless to say getting up the hill to school was a mission on its own, never again.
andrewned,Oct 30 2008, 08:44 PM Wrote:What size is recommended for SVTF and 16" ???

Was quoted by Dixie Ford

205/55/R16
Nokian - 170
My Hankooks have been great for 3 years. What kind did you have?

Do the 55 rub? Doesn't it need to be 205/50/16?
CanadaSVT,Nov 4 2008, 02:39 PM Wrote:My Hankooks have been great for 3 years.  What kind did you have?

Do the 55 rub?  Doesn't it need to be 205/50/16?
[right][snapback]275968[/snapback][/right]

Ice bear 300...

This is the size I had and it was recommended by Ford but I do agree that they've rubbed a bit so I may consider going to 50. Thanks for mentioning.

What size is used by other SVTF owners for 16" ?
I have Hankook W401 on the Marauder. My SVTF had 205/50/16 winters.