FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Maf Sensor, Major Ripoff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I called up the dealership today to get a new MAF sensor for my Turbo Focus, their response

$ 268.00 !!!!!

This sound like a ripoff to anyone else?

I thought these cars were made with Chinese parts so they would be cheaper. :rolleyes:
that sounds about right for MAF to me, altho personally i would go to a junkers and get one for like 30 bucks. when i needed one when i had a nissan, retail was something like 240 bucks and i picked one up with an adapter for about 45 bucks. look around and see whats available.
Your better off getting an aftermarket one like my Garantelli Ill sell it for $150 I payed $340 for it and I only used it for one season.
he has duratec, will that MAF work?
Sounds right, considering some aftermarket ones are more than that.
Off to P+G with you, boyo!
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 29 2008, 05:06 PM Wrote:So I called up the dealership today to get a new MAF sensor for my Turbo Focus, their response

$ 268.00 !!!!!

This sound like a ripoff to anyone else?

I thought these cars were made with Chinese parts so they would be cheaper.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]275561[/snapback][/right]

OEM Ford Duratec 20 MAF - 185.00 all-in shipped to your door. PM your VIN if interested.
Theres probably lots at the wrecker.
whats wrong with the one you have ?
zx5power,Oct 31 2008, 12:02 PM Wrote:whats wrong with the one you have ?
[right][snapback]275722[/snapback][/right]

Randy from Focussport whom is doing my tuning says we might have a problem with the MAF or the o2 sensor.

Basically when I'm trying to do the datalogs for 1200rpm, 1500rpm and 2000rpm, we can't obtain it. When you tap the gas, even for the most minute amount, she'll jump to 2500rpm when in neutral.

Also he says that the MAF volts from the datalogging is much lower than previously done.

Also when I start the car, she holds 1500rpm at idle for a minute.
$106.99 from http://www.tousleyfordparts.com. I imagine shipping won't be much.
Raypro,Nov 4 2008, 01:17 AM Wrote:$106.99 from http://www.tousleyfordparts.com. I imagine shipping won't be much.
[right][snapback]275917[/snapback][/right]
Shipping within the US isn't much, international shipping is expensive - not to mention that Tousley doesn't use USPS so you've got the added UPS brokerage fees to contend with ... and then of course the exchange is about 20% today - still a better deal, but not as much better as you might at first think.

Here's an example of the math:

106.99 + 20.00 s/h = 126.99
126.99 x 1.2 exch = 152.40
152.4 + 13% taxes = 172.21
172.21 + 29.00 UPS fee = 201.21

So almost an added 100% to land it and it's possible the shipping is even more than 20.00.
Even so, It's still a $100 savings over the $268+tax he got quoted. Tousley won't ship usps with something that small? would save a lot that way.
Raypro,Nov 4 2008, 06:30 PM Wrote:Even so, It's still a $100 savings over the $268+tax he got quoted. Tousley won't ship usps with something that small? would save a lot that way.
[right][snapback]275989[/snapback][/right]
Absolutely (wasn't being critical) - just wanted to make sure that we didn't forget all the crap that goes into buying across the border - and no, they won't even use USPS within the states - they get a massive deal from UPS and Fedex because of the volume they ship out - but unfortunately they also use it as a profit center - the don't pass the entire savings along.