FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lower Gas Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What really ticks me off about it is that crude future prices should effect the price at the pump with a 9 month lag considering it takes 3 months to fulfill the contracts and another 6 months to get everything refined and distributed [however] pump prices go up immediately when futures go up [but] they don't go down when price of stock market crude goes down

Tell me why?
hanserus,Oct 30 2008, 01:18 PM Wrote:What really ticks me off about it is that crude future prices should effect the price at the pump with a 9 month lag considering it takes 3 months to fulfill the contracts and another 6 months to get everything refined and distributed [however] pump prices go up immediately when futures go up [but] they don't go down when price of stock market crude goes down

Tell me why?
[right][snapback]275640[/snapback][/right]

Greed and bafflegab - plus the government and the oil companies want their profits to stretch out as long as possible before having to go down to avoid price-fixing investigations. <_<
we'll at least we're at the below 90c mark right now which actually we've been conditioned to believe is a bargain of a lifetime
still 98 in Sudbury and only going down a cent every couple days. They'll increase it 10 cents in one day but god forbid if they should lower it any more then a cent at a time. Lowest in Ontario right now is 82 cents in Brockville according to http://www.ontariogasprices.com/
Well, it's 0.974$ in my town.
I hope it reaches the 0.75$ mark soon :)
Gravter, cross the river!

It was 84.9 when I filled up yesterday. :)
thenorm,Oct 30 2008, 10:36 AM Wrote:damn  u easterners,  gas hasnt yet dropped below $1.00 in Vancouver yet.
[right][snapback]275623[/snapback][/right]

WOW 92 this morning.
Filled up at 91.8 Saturday night, great feeling to drop 50L in the tank and not see $50+ on the display lemme tell ya <_<

NefCanuck
reldridge,Nov 3 2008, 12:41 PM Wrote:Gravter, cross the river!

It was 84.9 when I filled up yesterday. :)
[right][snapback]275854[/snapback][/right]

I'm not in Ottawa btw. Closer to Pembroke, but in Quebec province.
Scorcher000,Nov 3 2008, 08:47 AM Wrote:
thenorm,Oct 30 2008, 10:36 AM Wrote:damn  u easterners,  gas hasnt yet dropped below $1.00 in Vancouver yet.
[right][snapback]275623[/snapback][/right]

WOW 92 this morning.
[right][snapback]275855[/snapback][/right]

just yesterday dropped to 98c in vancouver, but only in the late evening. for the rest of the day it could be as high as 107. we have this wierd hourly changing rate. i dont know why the price of gas can flucuate like 10 cents in the course of a day. and it does this every day
More good news

It's dropping 6.5 cents after midnight tonight to .85/L
woo hoo 85 cents and an empty gas tank this should be my cheapest fill up with my jeep since march. and I'll be getting Gas today for 78 cents with my discount from petro 2 cents off with mastercard and anotehr 5 cents off with the petro points deal.
81.9 here... :)
Wow, our gas prices up here will hopefully be on the express elevator down soon.... sitting at 95.8 last night.
89 here in sarnia
saw 84.9 in cambridge
94.4 last night - I've still got 5/8ths of a tank. Even with the bigger tires I'm still doing around 11-11.5L/100KMs in town.
91 cents for super here B)
filled the car and a gas can for 85.1 last night, went up to 89.1 this morning.
Spinal,Nov 5 2008, 12:15 PM Wrote:filled the car and a gas can for 85.1 last night, went up to 89.1 this morning.
[right][snapback]276032[/snapback][/right]

weird that gas went up where you are when a barrel of oil dropped 6% today. Sitting at 94.6 here still. Cheapest in Ontario today is 78.0 in Ottawa :angry:
Pages: 1 2 3