FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hi Everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everybody, I joined the site awhile ago but havn't posted yet. Im kinda new to the Focus scene, but have been working on cars forever and am a bodyman by trade. I bought an 02 SVT Focus about a year and a half ago that has collision damage that I never seem to have time to work on LOL, anyway I hope to learn some things on this site and make some new friends. Thanks for havin me.
WELCOME!!! Enjor your stay.

That's a no no, your focus should be fixed :)) Come out to the meets.
Welcome.
Welcome!
Feel free to ask any questions!
:) :) :) :)

Welcome to the Club get the SVT back on the road how bad was the damage? any pics post them up From the streets
Yes welcome ... let us know how we can help you out, and we'll be sure to do the same LOL

Where are you located ... what shop do you work in?
Thanks guys, Its hit pretty hard but it only has 19 000K on it, and it still smells new inside. I gotta get my but in gear and start workin on it. I was thinking of selling it but not sure what its worth, or if I really want to.
I work in a small shop about an hour and twenty minutes east of Toronto.
wow, only 19k! less than my 07 haha, mines getting fixed after an accident as we speak. how much damage is there?? definately something to fix up and supercharge!
I would love to boost it, I have a Vorteched Mustang so I know how much fun boost is LOL. I was also thinking of a shot of nitrous maybe because its a bit cheaper than the blower, How strong is the motor and trans? Will they take the abuse? Im already addicted to drag racing with the Mustang so if I ever get the Focus done Im sure it will see some track time too. Will it hold up to slicks?

Its hit pretty hard, both bags are deployed and the rad support and left frame rail are pretty mangled, the rest of the car is fine from the front of the doors back.

Thanks for the help so far, Im sure Ill have lots of Questions LOL.
it will definately take slicks lol ive run my car all night on them. as for nitrous, you can safely run a 75 wet shot without tune or blowing up ive heard. likely more with proper fuel management. you can get about 230hp out of a duratec but im not sure what it is on the SVT zetec. with minor mods you should see good times with it. jackson racing super charger would be a good safe option and you should see good number with that
Thanks for the info Jamie, I have a wet kit that I had on my Mustang before I put the blower on it, I might give it a try.

I was reading your thread about your car being at the body shop, I know its too late now but your insurance company CANNOT tell you wich shop to take YOUR car to get it repaired. That BS about you having to pay first and then they would reimburse you is a lie. They want you to take it to their "preferd" shops because those shops give them a discount on labour and alot of the time a kickback for the adjuster. We get this ALL the time at our shop because we are not a "preferd" shop. Im sure the shop its at will do a great job on your car and it will look like new again, and hopfully there wont be a next time but if there is take the car to the shop YOU want to. GOOD LUCK :D
well i just hope that the car gets comepletely fixed and fixed right. i dont want to be going down the highway dog tracking thats for sure.

as for nitrous, im planing on running some in my focus as well, possibly next year. im likely going to run a 50 or 75 shot. ought to give it a good kick at the track.

one thing that i do like about the body shop its at (not sure if this applies to any body shop) but they give a lifetime warranty on the repairs done through the insurance company so hopefully that ends up giving me more piece of mind.

so get that SVT fixed up and come to a meet! post up some pictures of it no matter how good or bad.
Thats a good sign if the shop is offering a liftime warranty on collision repairs, most GOOD shops do. Just remember its YOUR car and YOU have to be happy with it when its done, so dont take any crap from the ins. company. It sounds like a good shop though so Im sure your car will fine.

Your car runs good at the track, any idea what a stock SVT would run? I was thinking mid low 16's? or am I nuts LOL.
Well you have signed up for the right club I have both airbags as well as the seat belt buckeles that prob blew on collison send me a pm if your interesed. I'll let them go for a few bucks cheaper that anywhere else you can find them.