FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gas Pedal Sticking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that the cold weather is hitting again, I have a problem with my gas pedal. On colder days, if I take my foot off the gas, and go to press down the gas, it's really sticky and sometimes I have to press it hard which is a pain when shifting gears. It doesn't stick if I keep the gas pressed down a bit, it only does it if I let off the gas completely then press it down again. I had this problem last winter too and the dealer said he didn't find anything. What would be causing my pedal to stick like this? It doesn't happen on warm days.

The car is an '05 ST
Are you sure it is the pedal and not the throttle body ?? Sticking throttle plate is very popular and the fix to it is a nice good clean of the throttle body. I believe that is what you are experiencing, but i am not 100% sure.
yeah it's gotta be tb
Common thing on focus's
I believe u have to play around with tb spring
I'm not sure but on the Focus is the pedal connected to the throttle body by a cable? If it is, check the cable for kinks (my '95 Olds cable got munged by the dealer after they replaced the TPS, nearly smacked into a wall when the throttle stuck wide open)

NefCanuck
Daniel, yes it is a cable :))

Check that too, because it could be the cable issue as well.
Yes check the cable and also there is a tiny lil pin holding the TB at the right stopingidle. Check to see if that is still there. Also do not place anything else there in it place one militer can change the RPM's to about 4500 reving i nuetral.
Lube it all up every few weeks.
Jig-A-Loo worked for me.
bring it to your local ford dealer for warranty work my 06 duratec had same issue replaced throttle valve or you may clean the throttle valve with intake cleaner ... you are not suppose to clean the throttle plate because its coated but you still can ...