FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Caliper Bolts Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
inside is stripped! bolt head is fine, but where it screws in now it doesnt tighten it just keeps going....what to do??
fatphocus,Mar 2 2010, 03:00 AM Wrote:inside is stripped! bolt head is fine, but where it screws in now it doesnt tighten it just keeps going....what to do??
[right][snapback]302508[/snapback][/right]
Take it out - see if it's the bolt or the caliper bracket that's stripped - order the appropriate replacement.
bolt seems fine...but car could be sold tomorrow i have a deposit in hand so i need to fix it tomorrow morning...

does the caliper bolts go through the caliper and into the caliper bracket ?? i dont want to go look in the garage (gotta go outside to do so, its 3:45am)
fatphocus,Mar 2 2010, 04:08 AM Wrote:bolt seems fine...but car could be sold tomorrow i have a deposit in hand so i need to fix it tomorrow morning...

does the caliper bolts go through the caliper and into the caliper bracket ?? i dont want to go look in the garage (gotta go outside to do so, its 3:45am)
[right][snapback]302510[/snapback][/right]
Hope this isn't too late - but basically "yes" ... the bolt is torqued into the bracket and the caliper "slides" along the bolt ... there's very little threaded portion of the bolt so it wouldn't take much movement for it to back out, at which point that end of the caliper could essentially slip up and off the rotor - although I suspect the odds of that actually happening would be pretty small.
Well I would say not ur problem anymore lol Temporary fix FTW
ya LOL cross thread the bolt in enough to hold it for like 200 km then from there on your not responsible.... worst that would happen is a caliper eating the inside of the wheel a tad... i did it once it was pretty cool! found the bolt on the ground about 100m behind my car on the road, tossed her back in and on my way!
ZX3_2NV,Mar 2 2010, 11:36 AM Wrote:Well I would say not ur problem anymore lol Temporary fix FTW
[right][snapback]302517[/snapback][/right]

haha this is what i did. 2 oem bolts just held good enough and i been driving around all day no problem whatsoever

GFXjamie,Mar 2 2010, 01:56 PM Wrote:ya LOL cross thread the bolt in enough to hold it for like 200 km then from there on your not responsible.... worst that would happen is a caliper eating the inside of the wheel a tad... i did it once it was pretty cool! found the bolt on the ground about 100m behind my car on the road, tossed her back in and on my way!
[right][snapback]302530[/snapback][/right]

yupp no problems for me either so far lol
Just hope that the new owner does not become a member of this site! :lol:

The details of all the problems that you and the previous owner of this car have been well documented on focuscanada.net. :ph34r:

This site is better than CARFAX.
dBlast,Mar 2 2010, 05:15 PM Wrote:Just hope that the new owner does not become a member of this site! :lol:

The details of all the problems that you and the previous owner of this car have been well documented on focuscanada.net.  :ph34r:

This site is better than CARFAX.
[right][snapback]302553[/snapback][/right]

ROFLMFAO :lol:
You know, to me, screwing people around with stereos and bike racks is one thing -- but brakes could mean life or death.

If you're selling a car safetied, spend the lousy $20 for a bracket from the wreckers and live with a clean conscience.

Cutting a corner on yourself is one thing. I would hate myself knowingly selling something that could kill someone.
OAC_Sparky,Mar 2 2010, 07:18 PM Wrote:You know, to me, screwing people around with stereos and bike racks is one thing -- but brakes could mean life or death.

If you're selling a car safetied, spend the lousy $20 for a bracket from the wreckers and live with a clean conscience.

Cutting a corner on yourself is one thing. I would hate myself knowingly selling something that could kill someone.
[right][snapback]302562[/snapback][/right]
Very true . I would fix it before handing over the car .
it is fixed. turned out the bolts that were in it also had somewhat stripped/smaller threads and the new bolts went right in good

you are right though this site reveals all. the only difference between me and the last owner was he slapped everything together and dumped the car to me and every problem i have had was a result of that. ive fixed it all though properly (tranny, shifttower bolt, engine problem (vac lines), engine mount, tranny bracket, headlight wiring, interior wiring, etc)

You guys wouldnt believe how much wiring ive pulled out of the car since I bought it :blink: (everything was cut but he left it all inside)..no lie at least 150ft total lol
fatphocus,Mar 2 2010, 10:48 PM Wrote:it is fixed. turned out the bolts that were in it also had somewhat stripped/smaller threads and the new bolts went right in good
[right][snapback]302597[/snapback][/right]
You're a good man . Another awesome car gone ... :(
fatphocus,Mar 2 2010, 10:48 PM Wrote:it is fixed. turned out the bolts that were in it also had somewhat stripped/smaller threads and the new bolts went right in good

you are right though this site reveals all. the only difference between me and the last owner was he slapped everything together and dumped the car to me and every problem i have had was a result of that. ive fixed it all though properly (tranny, shifttower bolt, engine problem (vac lines), engine mount, tranny bracket, headlight wiring, interior wiring, etc)

You guys wouldnt believe how much wiring ive pulled out of the car since I bought it  :blink: (everything was cut but he left it all inside)..no lie at least 150ft total lol
[right][snapback]302597[/snapback][/right]

I totally believe it when I 1st saw your focus out at the shows with the crazy paint job I saw the interior and was like yaa I bet the wiring on that car is pure butchered.
yeah it was bad but i had my stereo shop fix it all because i didnt like the thought of driving with a rats nest of wiring lol the thing was though that most of that wiring didnt do anything it was all cut so he just left it inside