FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Soon To Wax After Repaint?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couldn't find any posts on this subject so I figured I would start here...

Just got my car back from the bodyshop after the accident, they had to repair the right front doorskin, hood and replaced and painted the right front bumper.

My question is - how soon after painting can I wax the car? I know the car was painted as of Sept 29 (the delay is chronicled in the thread "Am I Born Under An Unlucky Star, in OffTopic), so it should be okay but I want to be absolutely certain.

NefCanuck
why would you want to wax a preshly painted car anyways i wouldn't touch it for atleast a month and don't wash it for 48 hours
Hay righ on you got your car back!!! Just in time for snow...AWD!
Canadian ST,Oct 24 2008, 03:28 PM Wrote:Hay righ on you got your car back!!! Just in time for snow...AWD!
[right][snapback]275211[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I gotta go price out winter rubber now (AWD gets you going, it's the rubber that gets you stopping) but at 17" it isn't gonna be cheap :ph34r:

NefCanuck
honestly Daniel, wait atleast 35 days or more, and if you can, park your car in the sun as often as you can, as it will help in curing the paint.
All fallisies gentlemen. We take the show units(which, if you factory order one and I get the vehicle in my hands will be a show unit) and wet sand them withiin 24-48 hours of painting. It turns out amazing. Then a quick polish and viola!

So go ahead and wax away.
get me a tire size and I can get you a price. Also you can wax right after it dry's lol. Search up the Arctic Claw tire, it's what I put on mine, my gf's, my co-workers cars(4 of them) I can get you them cheap but mostly anyother tire cheap too.
Tag on my car when I bought it said 3 months. (clear coat needs time to cure) :iono:
So why was it released to you then. And in that cause they probably were refering pretroleum and acidic chemicals in cleaners and waxs/ploishes. Also I wouldn't use a wax on Dan's car, I would use a glaze that just sits on top and protects it. Instead of a polish were it soaks into the clear.
In that case what would a product like Turtle Wax ICE be? A polish or a glaze? :huh:

NefCanuck
Just really a cleaner. Theres not enough wax in it to make it a wax nore is there enough silcone in it to make it a dressing so I call it a cleaner, cause thats all your really doing.
They call it a polish, but to me it's a synthetic glaze. It's good for a short while, but doesn't last that long to me.

Meguiar's #21 would be a good choice for a synthetic sealer, in my mind...
Or you can use Final Inspection from them too. These products are just to prep the area for buffing and restoring. Best bet is to get some thing like La Cera, Mid-nite Special(if you can find those two items, very rear), or from Meguiar's you can get Show Car Glaze. Makes the surface wet. Withstands water penetrating for about 3-5 days, and also very good to use instead of rain x on the windshield lol. No wiper blades needed. :D