FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Probably Being Thin-skinned, But ......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Reading a thread in FJ started by Randy of FocusSport about the way the USD was strengthening against virtually all other currencies ... an interesting thread to be sure as I've watched our CAD go down huge this month, despite the woes of the US economy. Commodity prices have gone down to be sure, but that doesn't explain the strength of the USD - but I digress ...

In one of his posts Randy posted a link to an article about the CAD, but in his introduction he talked about the "Canuckistan" dollar ... WTF!?

The only Americans I've heard use that term are right wing whackos like Ann Coulter and other extreme right wing commentators like Tucker Carson and Pat Buchanan ... and never is it used in a positive way ... I've come to view "Canuckistan" as really deragatory and really anti-Canadian.

Anyway ... I sent Randy a PM (copy posted below) ... I'm sure (I hope anyway) that it was an unintentional slight ... but I guess it's also possible I'm the only one that didn't like it.

my FJ PM to Randy at Focussport Wrote:Hey Randy ... just thought you should know, in case you didn't, that a reference to "Canuckistan" is seen as anti-Canadian and normally only used by the likes of Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter and Tucker Carson when they express their extreme dislike of Canadians and their policies.

You have a lot of supporters and customers in the Focus community in Canada, myself included, who would probably think twice about patronizing your business if this was in fact the way you viewed us.

I suspect the slight was unintentional ... but either way I hope you will respond.

Cheers ... Ken.

link to Randy's FJ thread on currency

I posted up on there, time to get kicked off again.
OK I have pissed off people, they are very rude.
Canadian ST,Oct 22 2008, 10:59 PM Wrote:OK I have pissed off people, they are very rude.
[right][snapback]275087[/snapback][/right]

LOL ... his reply PM was essentially - "I have Canadian friends who taught me the word so you need to learn to laugh" ... I sent him back a snarky reply (had about 60 words in it) --- but you actually posted what I was thinking in 5 words ... best chuckle of the night for me.

Thanks (still LOL).
I added my thoughts. I expect a ban. :P
... considering I've bought product from FocusSport in the past and I always thought Randy was a good guy to deal with I'm terribly dissapointed in his post and will make it a point to never buy anything from any company he owns.

NefCanuck
well i added in my thoughts in a humerous manner. i have no personal issue with randy, he obviously just chose his words wrong. here is my response:

wow, interesting thread... all i have to say, being a hardcore "canukistanian" is... well im slightly offended. but hey, in the current situation the US is in, if cutting up your northern buddies helps people from forclosing on their houses, then more power to ya. our dollar may have dropped, but look at the brightside, so did a barrel of oil and a crap load of american banks pocket books. enjoy guys

haha stupid ppl forclosing on their houses
y can't we all just get along lol
Main reason why don't frequent there anymore. :(
I brough up the fact that we won kinda the war with them in the 1800's.
Well now there are to many of them so I will rest then strike again.
I'm going straight to hell for this one.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 23 2008, 01:16 PM Wrote:I'm going straight to hell for this one.
[right][snapback]275123[/snapback][/right]

Nice wording on your post :P
I just sent one to Randy, this is fun. ;)
Canadian ST,Oct 23 2008, 01:30 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]275124[/snapback][/right]

Now with more LOL. :rofl:

When you realize you can't beat up on the target anymore, direct your attacks against the next easiest target. GWB is always the next easiest target. It's a proven fact. :P
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 23 2008, 01:33 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Oct 23 2008, 01:30 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]275124[/snapback][/right]

Now with more LOL. :rofl:

When you realize you can't beat up on the target anymore, direct your attacks against the next easiest target. GWB is always the next easiest target. It's a proven fact. :P
[right][snapback]275125[/snapback][/right]

What is GWB?
LOL - George W Bush!
Well my last comment might haved closed the thread.
Canada 1
usa 0

We win.
Well, that was certainly interesting. Throughout everything - in the thread and in his PMs, Randy insisted that the term Canuckistan is "funny" ... and if we think otherwise then we are simply being thin-skinned and we should get over ourselves.

I suggested to him in a PM that whatever he thinks of the term, even if he used it without malice, he might consider what some Canadians might think of it (ie: offensive) simply in terms of not pissing off customers or future customers.

He basically said that he's insulted and called names all the time and it doesn't bother him ... so why should this be any different.

Bottom line: he thinks the whole thing is funny, he hasn't even hinted that he's sorry if he offended anyone ... and he doesn't care if it hurts his business with Canadians and we should "do what you have to do."

I've spoken to Randy personally on a number of occasions and thought he was a good guy ... certainly a talented guy when it comes to the Focus and I used to think he was a good businessman too.

But now, based more on his PMs than his posts, I think he's just an ignorant asshole. Where I can I will buy my parts somewhere else first - even if it means paying a bit more. So ... looks like my 2.3 turbo project just got a bit more complicated.

If anyone's interested in reading the PMs I can post them up ... otherwise I'm done with Randy.

** Edit: actually in one of his posts he did say "sorry if some found it offensive" - missed that - maybe he's not such an asshole after all.
what was deleted here?

Post #69
canadian st
Rookie

Re: The US Dollar is crushing most other currencies right now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zetec
Why do that when Mexico is to the South I was also talking about the present, dumbass!!!!! If we go further back the White Tailed Deer kicked the Caribou's ass, and took their topsoil.

Deleted by Mod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by canadian st : Today at 08:22 AM.

I got a thread closed at the bottom of page 5.
looks like i missed alot over the past day haha. i will still personally buy from focussport, randy may have a big mouth, and yes he is a sponsor so when he is typing on there, he is representing focus sport, but i do not believe he truly meant it to be offensive to anyone, if anything hes just to high up to admit he made a mistake. focus sport supplies and makes some of the best aftermarket parts for the focus. now the question remains, will i ever have to buy another part? lol time will tell i guess
Pages: 1 2