FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Keyless Remote Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My keyless remote opens the doors fine but won't lock them no matter how hard you keep pressing the lock button. The battery is brand new. Is the keyless remote busted or is there something else that can be done that I'm missing?
hanserus,Oct 20 2008, 08:11 PM Wrote:My keyless remote opens the doors fine but won't lock them no matter how hard you keep pressing the lock button. The battery is brand new. Is the keyless remote busted or is there something else that can be done that I'm missing?
[right][snapback]274883[/snapback][/right]

do you have another remote that you can try to see if it works?
Does the power lock work when you press it from the inside?

most likely its just the unlock button busted on the remote
mo_focus,Oct 20 2008, 03:15 PM Wrote:
hanserus,Oct 20 2008, 08:11 PM Wrote:My keyless remote opens the doors fine but won't lock them no matter how hard you keep pressing the lock button. The battery is brand new. Is the keyless remote busted or is there something else that can be done that I'm missing?

[right][snapback]274885[/snapback][/right]

the power lock works from inside the car
I used to have another remote that worked ok until the plastic hindge that holds in on the key ring broke off and I had to get rid of it

can this be a fuse issue? I'm pretty sure couple of my fuses are missing... oops :o
hanserus,Oct 20 2008, 05:55 PM Wrote:
mo_focus,Oct 20 2008, 03:15 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]274885[/snapback][/right]

the power lock works from inside the car
I used to have another remote that worked ok until the plastic hindge that holds in on the key ring broke off and I had to get rid of it

can this be a fuse issue? I'm pretty sure couple of my fuses are missing... oops :o
[right][snapback]274900[/snapback][/right]

If your remote unlocks the car, then it's not a fuse issue ... x2 if the power locks work from inside the car ... it's probably the microswitch in the remote ... you should pop it open and see if there's any dirt in there or a broken connection on the pcb.
Ebay...$20
if your looking for an extra remote I have one for sale check out the link \/ And it comes with a key and extra cylinder
2NV pls check your pm
if I install a new key cylynder, does it mean I have to program something in order to get the new key and keyless to work?

how about the keylocks on the doors? I won't be able to open them with the new key now, will I?

just curious....
the key works with the key cylinder, your old key works for the doors just an added safety feature. Great in the winter when your warming up the car as for the remote like I said it will have to be programmed to your vehicle.
how easy is it to program? anyone's done it before?

the old keys working for the doors is actually pretty cool because when you lock your keys (c'mon who hasn't done it) you have an easy back up lol