FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Remove Flood Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Or at LEAST put it down to 30 seconds.

I don't know about anyone else but I skim over threads before I reply so I don't need 60 seconds to wait.

iIts' more of a hassle than anything at this point.
I dunno.. the flood control seems to be a decent balance.

If anyone finds the current flood control poses a huge inconvenience I may consider lowering it. But it won't be removed... Bots live on flood-controlless boards.
darkpuppet,Feb 28 2010, 09:06 PM Wrote:I dunno.. the flood control seems to be a decent balance.

If anyone finds the current flood control poses a huge inconvenience I may consider lowering it.  But it won't be removed... Bots live on flood-controlless boards.
[right][snapback]302396[/snapback][/right]

I was trying the "ask for too much/more than you want, settle for less/what you actually wanted" approach.

30 second flood control doesn't interfere generally, but I do find that waiting a minute between posts is really, really inconvenient. Not including the time to type, to put up 3 posts takes 3 minutes MINIMUM. You can't type either, it stops you from even getting to that screen. So it's 3 minutes PLUS typing time.
i think 1 min is just fine.

i would think vary rarely one would post simultaneously that fast.

if u lower it to much you might just get people mindlessly commenting on things to raise there post count
i say lower it there been many times that iv been held up by the flood counter

and post count , really? is it a race for the most posts???
Mystake,Feb 28 2010, 09:58 PM Wrote:iIts' more of a hassle than anything at this point.
[right][snapback]302395[/snapback][/right]

Maybe while your waiting you can take some time to spell check.
im not racing i was just saying.
Jmountney1,Feb 28 2010, 10:52 PM Wrote:im not racing i was just saying.
[right][snapback]302403[/snapback][/right]

He meant Mystake, not you. lol B)
drunkinmonkey,Feb 28 2010, 10:48 PM Wrote:i say lower it there been many times  that iv been held up by the  flood counter

and post count , really?  is it a race for the most posts???
[right][snapback]302401[/snapback][/right]

it happens... ask the guys with negative post counts....
fix the time while your at it too.
ubb code is reporting it to be of by 1h
hardk0re,Feb 28 2010, 09:51 PM Wrote:
Mystake,Feb 28 2010, 09:58 PM Wrote:iIts' more of a hassle than anything at this point.
[right][snapback]302395[/snapback][/right]

Maybe while your waiting you can take some time to spell check.
[right][snapback]302402[/snapback][/right]

Is that really necessary? And you may have missed the part where I said that you can't get to the page where you type the post before you post it.
Puppet is right, I remember when we were having fun and then BOOM -2000 , been a long road to recovery
Jmountney1,Feb 28 2010, 09:23 PM Wrote:if u lower it to much you might just get people mindlessly commenting on things to raise there post count
[right][snapback]302398[/snapback][/right]
Bingo -- I've never had a problem and I've been here a while.

If you really want to get a head start on a reply, use the fast reply.

If you can make a reply, skim the next thread, and type a fast reply in less than 30 seconds on such a consistant basis for it to become a nuisance you're not thinking about your post long enough.

I'd rather wait than have the board spammed to death, on my opinion.
paolo,Feb 28 2010, 11:47 PM Wrote:fix the time while your at it too.
ubb code is reporting it to be of by 1h
[right][snapback]302409[/snapback][/right]
Check your board settings in your profile control panel "My Controls".

Uncheck "Is daylight saving time in effect?"
DD1,Mar 1 2010, 06:42 AM Wrote:Puppet is right, I remember when we were having fun and then BOOM -2000 , been a long road to recovery
[right][snapback]302420[/snapback][/right]
Post whore!! **points finger**
Ive been suck waiting around for the min time out enought times I think 30 sec would be better and if we get hit with more bots then bump it back upto a min.
let's take a vote then .. please have your say in the poll above.
OAC_Sparky,Mar 1 2010, 08:47 AM Wrote:
DD1,Mar 1 2010, 06:42 AM Wrote:Puppet is right, I remember when we were having fun and then BOOM -2000 , been a long road to recovery
[right][snapback]302420[/snapback][/right]
Post whore!! **points finger**
[right][snapback]302437[/snapback][/right]

Ah, The good ol' days....
i think 30 sec would be much better
I just got busted for being on-line at work too often, so it used to be a pain. Get the posts in as quick as possible. But not so much anymore, I have to work. <_<
Pages: 1 2