FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: First Issues With The Svt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After letting the car sit over night, I go and start it, it starts right away, but boggs down just as quick!!! Real low idle for about a minute, almost stalling. Then goes back up to a normal idle. I've got the fuel system cleaned, filters changed. Any ideas???? This only happens on start-up from letting it sit over night. I even thought it was a charging issue, and found a near dead battery, still have the same problems. If I remember tomorrow I will take a vid with sound to show exactly what I am looking at...
measure the voltage on the battery. If it gives you 10-11v, chances are you need a new battery

Will be a nice upgrade for a yellow top :)
is there any other issues with it idling strange.

i know there is a reflash that the dealers do to fix the cold start issues with the SVTF
i would check which reflash you have. i had the same problem before i got my cpu reflashed. i think the new flash is yrfo, but i'm not sure if it will work on your year.
There's a fairly recent thread on FJ about this problem ... I didn't read the whole thing so I don't know if they actually solve the problem ...FJ thread on SVT cold idle problem
Well the battery was bad, and so I got a new one. As for the reflash, the car already has a tune on it. I'm gonna check the plugs, and see if they have anything to do with it. Oh ya BTW, started this morining, nothing, no issues!!! figures....
Good move samething with my car after I screwed my alternator aparently running your car solely off of your yelloe top battery for 2 weeks will kill it lol.
laidman,Oct 14 2008, 08:25 AM Wrote:Well the battery was bad, and so I got a new one.  As for the reflash, the car already has a tune on it.  I'm gonna check the plugs, and see if they have anything to do with it.  Oh ya BTW, started this morining, nothing, no issues!!!  figures....
[right][snapback]274516[/snapback][/right]

DING! DING! DING!
Side note

Car looks awesome man, that was me last friday on lauzon.
OK now car still has issues!!! NEW Battery, Spark Plugs aswell. I'm gonna start it up this morning to see if it will do it again.
Do you have a after market stereo system?