FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus On Slicks :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
we thanks to drew, i got the slicks for the car, and they worked great. i didnt however get the times i wanted, but at the same time i also forgot less psi=lower trap and speed
so i went last night and it started out pretty crappy, granny shftng instead of double clutching, almost blew the welds of the intake manifold and floorpan dropped once or twice... then i finally came down from a 15.8 to a 15.5. kept dropping as i got use to launching slicks.... at about 5700rpm. then tried the preload... presto chango, 15.1 @ 89 mph and a 2.06 60ft. that was the best run, others were 15.16, 15.20, 15.28 etc.

p.s. ZX3_2NV, did u have a problem with the slicks rubbing on ur strut during turns?? looks like i need some spacers lol
15.1, f#ck thats good for the mods you got.
it was pretty fun, i was really affraid of breakin a diff or cv shaft, but it all took its beating fairly well after 10 runs or so. procomp cars were taking up the first 1/3 of test and tune so i didnt get a chacne to really mess with my tune on the car or try different things. next year will be a dfferent story
Very nice times I knew if you got down to a 2.0** 60 foot you would hit some sick times. I didn't know that preloading it would make that much difference on a all motor car so congrats an beleive it or not preloading is the best way of not braking anything on the launch its the easiest on the shafts and everything, Only blew on the launch once and i shread a diff. So keep up the good work as for rubbing on the strus i never had that problem I could make a full turn with out a problem. But I didn't have stock suspension but now that i think about it when i put on my eibach sportline springs it would rub so i went back to my original set up with a coilover spring in the front so if stock spring is the same width of eibach spring then yes you might need to change to full pieces but i wouldn't suggest spacers because it might end up hitting the fender so keep that in mind. Hopefully that make sence for you im quite tired right now. lol
im actually dropped on eibach prokit right now, im not worried about rubbing fender right now as i have about 3/4 of an inch between tire and wheel at the front (1.2" drop in front) originally thought maybe it was PS belt slipping or something along those lines but once the wheels came off the inside edge there was about a spot 1 inch wide which was rele sticky from the turns. maybe if i play with the tire pressure next year that might change a little. i tried to use drag launch and go without preloading and was ending up bogging a little and drag launch only lets me set it at around 4500 rpm so i took it off and did it by feel. launches were absolutely golden with preloading, just shot like a slingshot lol. i love the look with the one rim painted black, i mite paint all my stockers black haha
GFXjamie,Oct 13 2008, 11:06 AM Wrote:im actually dropped on eibach prokit right now, im not worried about rubbing fender right now as i have about 3/4 of an inch between tire and wheel at the front (1.2" drop in front) originally thought maybe it was PS belt slipping or something along those lines but once the wheels came off the inside edge there was about a spot 1 inch wide which was rele sticky from the turns. maybe if i play with the tire pressure next year that might change a little. i tried to use drag launch and go without preloading and was ending up bogging a little and drag launch only lets me set it at around 4500 rpm so i took it off and did it by feel. launches were absolutely golden with preloading, just shot like a slingshot lol. i love the look with the one rim painted black, i mite paint all my stockers black haha
[right][snapback]274497[/snapback][/right]

Just remember what side goes on where I suggest take a pic of the car with the slick so you keep them rotating the same way.
ya i have one marked on the inside as driver and one blank for passeneger, im thinking i mite just go get a center cap for the driver side to make it easily noticed. ill post up a thread showing what they look like now :)
cool did you repaint them? no i don't want to know just post up the pics lol