FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Zx3 Cd Player In E150 Van...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can i pull the Stock AM/FM unit outa my Work van And Put my CD player from my FOFO in... ANd Will it work?
Depends I think on the MY of the Focus and the E150 (though from what little I know of the E150, that thing probably has a rather basic wiring harness on it, probably only has to drive two speakers fer instance :huh:)

NefCanuck
I tried this with my E150 work truck when i used to have it and the wiring harness in the E150 was different than the plug in the back of fofo radio. I did have an idea to try and make a cheater harness that would plug into the E150 harness on one side and the fofo radio on the other. Never did get around to it tho
I fit the focus deck into a 98 windstar, worked fine, I just got one of those adapter harnesses for the windstar and soldered it right to the back of the deck to the pins. Worked fine.
I should mention depending on what Focus you own you might not be able to fit the radio into the Focus dash as the 00 - 04 is curved, and the raido will be more or less busting out at the seems. and the 2008+ radio is intergraded into the dash a la civic.
i successfully put both types of focus radios in an explorer sport and vice a versa.. fit was perfect, but wiring was just required to be changed.