FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help, Need Odbii In Toronto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Car threw a CEL this morning and I'm in Toronto, my reader is in Guelph.
Wouldn't normally worry but the car had some major engine work 2 weeks ago.
I'm in the Yonge/Sheppard area working, car is Leslie/Steeles neighborhood.
Need to check the code and decide wether I can drive back to Guelph and drop it off to my mechanic.
Can meet up to pick the reader, I will be taking the TTC so the closer to the subway line the better for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeremy
j3rt,Oct 10 2008, 03:29 PM Wrote:Car threw a CEL this morning and I'm in Toronto, my reader is in Guelph.
Wouldn't normally worry but the car had some major engine work 2 weeks ago.
I'm in the Yonge/Sheppard area working, car is Leslie/Steeles neighborhood.
Need to check the code and decide wether I can drive back to Guelph and drop it off to my mechanic.
Can meet up to pick the reader, I will be taking the TTC so the closer to the subway line the better for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeremy
416-432-9687
[right][snapback]274344[/snapback][/right]

just come pick up the tires today and you can use my code reader too.
I have one in my car right now.

Bayview north of Steeles.
Big thanks to Vince for taking time out of lunch to meet up with me.
Now the waiting game till the end of work. I'd like to ditch work right now and start trouble shooting.

And I'm supposed to be in Ottawa this evening, plans for this weekend could be shot.
Hmm, P1409 egr circuit, not sure if this is a precursor code to major problems. Any suggestions?
egr circuit... sounds like DPFE...

anyone else who had the problem confirm this?
yeah i think that should be ok to drive to Ottawa and back.

Just place a black electrical tape where it shows the CEL light and you should be done. It shouldn't take more then 2min to do. :D
Took the car out for a drive, and drop Vince' ODB off. Sitting at idle in traffic she started to heat up, still in the normal range but hotter than normal.

The car goes back to the mechanic Tuesday. In the meantime, I took the intake tube off to get a better look at the DPFE and check that the hoses were clear. When lo and behold, I found the EGR Vaccum Regulator Selonoid. It was to the right of the DPFE, has a round top. The intake tube was rubbing against the connector, wore it and one of the 2 wires down.

McGyver'd it back together for the drive home, and 1.5hrs into my drive the CEL cleared.