FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Key Fob Programming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the steps for programming a new key fob(s)? I was about to order a set, but want to know what i am getting into first. Thanks
chromehorse,Oct 9 2008, 05:18 PM Wrote:What are the steps for programming a new key fob(s)?  I was about to order a set, but want to know what i am getting into first.  Thanks
[right][snapback]274316[/snapback][/right]

The steps are listed on pg 59 of the 2005 Focus owners manual I'll list them all here (AFAIK the steps are the same for any 00-07 Focus but you should refer to your car's specific owners manual to verify this)

You must have all the remotes that you want to program on hand when you do this (Maximum of four transmitters per car)

1. Close all doors and fasten the driver's side seatbelt (In order to eliminate conflicting chimes sounding during this procedure)

2. Put the key in the ignition

3. Turn the key from the OFF position to the ON position

4. Cycle four times rapidly (within six seconds) between the OFF and ON position. NOTE The fourth turn must end in the OFF position

5. Within 20 seconds press any button on the remote entry transmitter. NOTE If more than 20 seconds have passed you will need to start the procedure over again.

6. Repeat Step 5 to program each additional remote entry transmitter.

7. Turn the ignition to the OFF position when you have finished programming all of the remote entry transmitters.

NefCanuck
Thanks for the info...that helps. I just want to clarify a couple of things....

"7. Turn the ignition to the OFF position when you have finished programming all of the remote entry transmitters."

Wouldn't the key already be in the Off position as described in step 4?
chromehorse,Oct 10 2008, 07:36 PM Wrote:Thanks for the info...that helps.  I just want to clarify a couple of things....

"7. Turn the ignition to the OFF position when you have finished programming all of the remote entry transmitters."

Wouldn't the key already be in the Off position as described in step 4?
[right][snapback]274395[/snapback][/right]

You'd think so, but maybe FoMoCo isn't taking any chances :unsure:

NefCanuck