FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Am New :-d
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I met ZTWsquared through a pending online purchase. I thought I would come check the community out.

Getting some new headlamps in the mail soon :) Any good how-to on headlamp removal? I should be able to fogure it out but I wouldn't mind some pictures to look at before hand.

PS- I swear I went into the pinned post above and thought I was posting this there...I fail at internets apparently.
Hello and welcome, I'm sure there will be someone here that can help out with the headlamp instal. What year is your wagon, got any pics??
Canadian ST,Oct 9 2008, 03:46 PM Wrote:Hello and welcome, I'm sure there will be someone here that can help out with the headlamp instal. What year is your wagon, got any pics??
[right][snapback]274308[/snapback][/right]

Yes, it is a 2002 auto (just rebuilt and had a massive tranny cooler installed) ;) not gonna happen twice to me lol. It is the "Police radar invisible browny gold" colour. Looks like something your grandma would drive with 14" steelies and wheel covers, dents and scratches. Two car seats in the back, soon to be upgraded to 3 whine power.
Hi again Jon ... I guess the 2 kid seats explains the "stinky" wagon part (or was that a reference to the colour?) ... I have a Ford Service CD and I will print out the re and re instructions for the headlights and throw it in the box for you. Cheers.
Welcome tampering with cars is what I do. Same with most of us here, ask around if you need some help. Have fun. :D
ZTWsquared,Oct 9 2008, 06:18 PM Wrote:Hi again Jon ... I guess the 2 kid seats explains the "stinky" wagon part (or was that a reference to the colour?) ... I have a Ford Service CD and I will print out the re and re instructions for the headlights and throw it in the box for you. Cheers.
[right][snapback]274323[/snapback][/right]

Sweet! I can't wait, I won't have a "stock" wagon much longer. Actually going from the Golf TDI to the Ford there is very little I miss, just wish it got a bit better mileage and had the power of my modded TDI. TDI was around 150hp 325ll-ft when I was done with it :) Oh check youtube slave2school (that is me) for the tdi videos.

The wagon is uber practical and rides much much better, very comfortable ride and sporty enough for me in the corners, lots of "grip". I enjoy the space too. The auto sort of sucks, but I'm monitoring the temp now and have a tranny cooler installed on the excellent rebuild. Next week Nokian WR G2 tires should be here so I can have them installed.
Welcome Stinker :)

I guess i just went from the focus to TDI. Just bought a 2002 Jetta TDI. Love it so far and yeah mileage is amazing. Not plannin to mod it much. I just want to get great mileage out of it.
mo_focus,Oct 9 2008, 08:10 PM Wrote:Welcome Stinker :)

I guess i just went from the focus to TDI. Just bought a 2002 Jetta TDI. Love it so far and yeah mileage is amazing. Not plannin to mod it much. I just want to get great mileage out of it.
[right][snapback]274327[/snapback][/right]

If you decide to get your car tuned up or need some advice/help feel free to ask :) My tuner was in Quebec and did great work, but Unitronic in Toronto might be easier, I've heard good things about them too. tdiclub.com is a wealth of info if you havn't already found it, good community too!

At one point there was a "kit" to transplant a VW tdi into a focus...I think I was in highschool when I was reading about it last and I havn't heard much since. I know I would like one though LOL
Whahaha the Hella ECE Projectors are in...now anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the weird relay that seems to have been patched in. I think one previous owner had these setup to run the highs and lows like the north american projectors. Also info on the levelling motors would be nice, I would like to operate them with a momentary on/off 2psn switch instead of a rheostat if possible, but I'd like to see some wiring diagrams.

Oh, bright yellow looks a bit odd on the "harvest gold" wagon. Pics tomorrow.
Sorry gotta jump in this old thread XD

as for Stink wagon don't tempt fate I have one thats most likely has most disgusting shape interior LOL

Hence this ones getting a complete gut of its interior, seats and cushions redone, new headliner, carpet, trunk mats and all the plastics cleaned with commercial deodorizer.. i also have 4 new door skins on there way.. when everything's out the interior will be commercially deodorized and new jute padding/sound deadener install everywhere LOL

heres a few pics XD ( Warning: lost lunch warning in effect if the interior hasn't had a few shed on IT..)

(P.S. I bought the car like this for $700)

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/k3...CF1535.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/k3...CF1536.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/k3...CF1551.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/k3...CF1552.jpg