FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Programed For 91 Oct
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My car is programed for 91 OCT right. What say I put a lower grade fuel in it. What will happen and what is the long term effects?
Just flash it back to stock immediately for the amount of time that you have 87/89 in the tank?
I can't race header is on her and i only have one O2 on it. Just wondering this because of a trip to Tampa I might take next year.
You should be fine, really. Just plot out your route and check for gas stations along the way. Mapquest is good for that, and I assume Google Maps will be good as well. I think that you'll be hard-pressed to NOT find 91 octane unless one of your fuel stops is in some hick town.
True, I plan on going around Atlanta instead of hiting it in rush hour and I think I should be good for fuel milage. Though what would it do to the car? Make it run bad or just alot of black smoke.
you can store more than one tune on the SCT get it tuned for lower octane
Scorcher000,Oct 9 2008, 01:50 PM Wrote:True, I plan on going around Atlanta instead of hiting it in rush hour and I think I should be good for fuel milage. Though what would it do to the car? Make it run bad or just alot of black smoke.
[right][snapback]274282[/snapback][/right]
You'll be down on power a bit, but shouldn't be any smoke ... the ECU might want to pull timing to compensate if it senses detonation ... but really, it shouldn't be that dramatic a change ... ^^ but yeah, just get another tune for 87 ... if you got the XCal at Focussport it's just 25 bucks.
Ok cool sounds good. Funny thing is when I ordered the XCal 2 you can choose what you want on it, and that is one of the options I picked but never got oh well.
Thanx guys I really apriciate it.
My car is currently tuned at 94 octane... and my programmer got snagged somewhere, so its stuck there until I take it to Ford to have it set to stock, and then want to pony up cash for another Xcal2..

I've run 87 in it for a short term, and didn't have any problems at all. I think long term there would be some issues.
u can still run the car on stock tune with header, just have a CEL. i drove my car to the dealer and back on stock from cambridge to etobicoke and i have the same OBX header. if anything u get better gas mileage lol