FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Paypal And Bank Account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys got a question. My paypal account of 5 years was recently limited and now i can't send or request money (i was able to withdraw all my funds though) but i can't even close the account either cuz its "limited".

So now my cc and bank account is kept there and i can't delete it or remove it.

I set up a 2nd account but now i need to add a bank account and it won't let me use my bank account since it's locked in the limited account.

So the only option it seems is for me to open a new bank account somewhere and add that to my new paypal account.

How do i open a new bank account? Does it have a fee or just a "minimum balance"? Does opening a 2nd bank account have any drawbacks or is it perfectly normal?

The thing is, i'm not going to use that 2nd bank account for anything OTHER than to verify my 2nd paypal account and to withdraw funds. I do all my banking on the primary bank account which is now frozen in my limited account.

Should i just open a 2nd account with my current bank or can i open one up at say PC?

I would call Paypal and see why they limited your account in the first place.
Is your account frozen due to a dispute? only thing i can think of as to freezing your info...... If not definately get a hold of them and find out
cornflakes,Oct 8 2008, 07:15 PM Wrote:How do i open a new bank account? Does it have a fee or just a "minimum balance"?  Does opening a 2nd bank account have any drawbacks or is it perfectly normal?

The thing is, i'm not going to use that 2nd bank account for anything OTHER than to verify my 2nd paypal account and to withdraw funds.  I do all my banking on the primary bank account which is now frozen in my limited account.

Should i just open a 2nd account with my current bank or can i open one up at say PC?
[right][snapback]274219[/snapback][/right]
First ... I suggest you do what Canadian ST said ... but to answer your questions:

Opening on account is easiest online if you bank that way; otherwise you have to go into the branch ... the downfall is that you now have another bank fee to pay for.

Personally, I like having a separate account that is used only for PayPal purposes ... I will not attach my "regular" account to anything outside the banks system ... same for credit card ... I have a no fee VISA that has a very small credit limit that I use solely to fund PayPal ... those two things significantly limit my exposure to any problems that may stem from PayPal.

Good luck with that.
But PC Financial says it is a no-fee bank account. Does anyone have experience with them?
yes i do. they hold your cheques for 14 business days. if you have a problem there is nobody to talk to about it. and you can only access limited amount of $$ each day. all around they suck
You get what you pay for... or maybe don't pay for :))) (PC financial)

They have no banking fee due to the fact that they don't have branches, besides Loblaws stores, but their service still kinda sucks...
ok i see your points....but isn't that good for what i need it for?
I'm not going to use it as my daily banking account so no money is going in it except from the few dollars i have in my paypal account.

So im not worried about that. I basically just want to withdraw money from my paypal account.

Anything else?
i also live like 5 minutes away from a loblaws/pc financial store anyways so i don't need accessibility or someone to talk to....i just need a new bank account to link to my paypal account so i can withdraw that money.
cornflakes,Oct 8 2008, 08:19 PM Wrote:But PC Financial says it is a no-fee bank account.  Does anyone have experience with them?
[right][snapback]274229[/snapback][/right]

yes, and they are useless. plus you get the complete run around with them when your bank card is compremised.
I dont mind PC financial at all. I had a bad experience when shopping for a mortage, but that was it.

All my day to day banking is done through PC and I have no complaints.
i love PC.....and i love getting free groceries with their points too :)

TD was f$#ing me on everything......transections & ect.
NikiterZTS,Oct 9 2008, 11:34 AM Wrote:and i love getting free groceries with their points too :)
[right][snapback]274266[/snapback][/right]

Me too, we have the CC through pc also. Always nice to kock off a good chunk of change on your grocery bill.
faster_than_u,Oct 8 2008, 09:00 PM Wrote:yes i do. they hold your cheques for 14 business days. if you have a problem there is nobody to talk to about it. and you can only access limited amount of $$ each day. all around they suck
[right][snapback]274231[/snapback][/right]

they dont put any holds on my cheques.

Most banks have limits on how much cash you can take out, I know RBC had this.

I can spend whatever I want as long as its interac. I used interac with PC to buy my furniture, and that was over 5k of stuff. No problem.