FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Air Intake Manifold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I took my 2003 Ford Focus Se Wagon in to my mechanic because I noticed a change in the sound of the engine.
I was told the air intake manifold was cracked. Anyone else had this problem? I was told the repair cost would be in the $800 range!

Can it be patched?????

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Carol
get a used one for $80
Where do you suggest I get it from?
Hell get a upgraded one from ford or some other company. Don't replace, upgrade.
What motor do you have? Zetec (16v dual over head cam) or SPI (8v split port)?

If it is a Zetec i have 2 intake manifolds in my garage and you are free to take your pick. Free to be Picked up or pay for shipping or delivery :D
SL8RZZX3,Oct 8 2008, 11:18 AM Wrote:What motor do you have? Zetec (16v dual over head cam) or SPI (8v split port)?

If it is a Zetec i have 2 intake manifolds in my garage and you are free to take your pick. Free to be Picked up or pay for shipping or delivery :D
[right][snapback]274163[/snapback][/right]

I am a complete novice to all of this. I will go out and check the engine in my car. I know it is a Zetec engine. I have an Se Wagon.

Carol
Ok if it is a Zetec then the intake manifolds i have will fit!

where are you located?
[quote=SL8RZZX3,Oct 8 2008, 11:50 AM]
Ok if it is a Zetec then the intake manifolds i have will fit!

where are you located?

I am in Aurora, Ontario.
I can probably have one dropped off to you tomorrow if you are home durring the day, or left for you.
[quote=SL8RZZX3,Oct 8 2008, 12:00 PM]
I can probably have one dropped off to you tomorrow if you are home durring the day, or left for you.
I tried to send you a private message but it wouldn't let me. With my address. Don't exactly want to post it to the world :)

What do you suggest?
I recieved your PM 3 times :D

and pm'd you back
$800 :ph34r:

yikes.
Flofocus,Oct 8 2008, 12:26 PM Wrote:$800 :ph34r:

yikes.
[right][snapback]274182[/snapback][/right]
he sure does have a "good" mechanic :ph34r:

just one thing....you could buy a slightly used Zetec engine for like $350
Most of that price will probably be labor, but i really don't want to know what a brand new intake manifold would cost either :blink:
When I swapped my intake manifold it wasnt an excessivly hard job, however I could see how it would cost a bit on the labour side. I had to do it twice, i put new gaskets in the first time but one didnt set right for some weird reson so I did it again and havnt had a problem since :)
SL8RZZX3,Oct 8 2008, 04:22 PM Wrote:Most of that price will probably be labor, but i really don't want to know what a brand new intake manifold would cost either :blink:
[right][snapback]274200[/snapback][/right]
A new one imported from the US could be landed for 290 bucks - just for comparison sake.
I really appreciate all the input from everyone. I am going to get a repair manual for my car. My Son is mechanically inclined and we are going to take a look at the manual and see if we are brave enough to tackle it together.

He has repaired several things on the engines of cars he has had. :D

02ztsian

Edit-why no quotes, bold type, images? I tried to post a how-to on the intake install.
02ztsian,Oct 9 2008, 11:21 AM Wrote:Edit-why no quotes, bold type, images? I tried to post a how-to on the intake install.
[right][snapback]274264[/snapback][/right]
None of that works in the "welcome" section ... need to post that up somewhere else.

02ztsian

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2