FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What's Wrong With This Picture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Doing some parts research and was surprised to find this in the back lot of my local Ford dealer ...

[Image: p_00025.jpg]
lol
i hope most of those Escapes are AWD
wow, i guess they are running out of space to put them. :(

sad, very sad.

Maybe they could have a 2 for 1 sale soon :)

Buy a 4wd and we will throw you a FWD as well :)
After all this crap dealing with my car being down for so long, I'm getting tempted after the Fusion is paid for to run a second car and an Escape wouldn't necessarily be a bad choice <_<

NefCanuck
mo_focus,Oct 7 2008, 04:17 PM Wrote:wow, i guess they are running out of space to put them. :(

sad, very sad.

Maybe they could have a 2 for 1 sale soon :)

Buy a 4wd and we will throw you a FWD as well :)
[right][snapback]274082[/snapback][/right]

Actually it's the other way around ... Planet Ford has so little new inventory, that they moved Brampton Subaru (owned by the same guy) right into the parking lot of Planet Ford ... on the other side of that building are about 40 brand new Subies including a couple of really good looking black STi s
Nef....go for the escape as well, the wife and I have an 08' and absolutely love it.
NefCanuck,Oct 7 2008, 08:18 PM Wrote:After all this crap dealing with my car being down for so long, I'm getting tempted after the Fusion is paid for to run a second car and an Escape wouldn't necessarily be a bad choice <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]274084[/snapback][/right]

yeah go for the Escape. I miss ours already. Freestlye is amazing, but its not an escape.
I'm looking to get an escape very soon.

I have a '97 Safari right now for lugging my DJ & Movie equipment around and it BARELY all fits when I do a full show. So I'm going to get a trailer (5'x10') and tow that with an escape. Likely looking at an '05ish 4x4 ...we have a couple decent deals at the dealership..

let me know if you guys have seen other deals ..trailers too
I was gonna guess that there was some subys on the other side. Pretty sad if thats the actual sales office looks like a cheap used car sales trailer/office
ok no offence to you Escape guys.....but i drove a new V6 AWD Escape at work for like 45km....and i just wasn't impressed.......
since at first i didn't look that it was a V6, so when i was driving it I seriosly thought it was that 4 banger DURA engine with only FWD.....well i have to say it had no balls......
sorry guys

how much do they go for anyway?
^^ Maybe you got a weaksauce one? It's 3500 lbs or so and "only" 200 HP.

I'm assuming you drove one of the 08s cause the 09s are 240HP with variable valve timing in addition to the variable intake runners on the 08 motor and a 6-speed transmission which should yield better accel than the 4-speed auto in the 01-08s.

I'd slot the 08 V6 4WD accel in somewhere between a 07 stock ZX5 manual and my RX-8, definitely faster than my stock 07 ZX5 automatic I had.

I have ZERO problems hitting 140+ in that truck.

Oh, and 08 Escape + larger tires = WICKED. It's much meaner-looking now and it dwarfs the stock 08s. It's too bad Ford doesn't have a FX4-style off-road package for the Escape. :(
Actually Subaru is in the process of moving to the Brampton auto mall.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 8 2008, 10:27 AM Wrote:^^ Maybe you got a weaksauce one? It's 3500 lbs or so and "only" 200 HP.

I'm assuming you drove one of the 08s cause the 09s are 240HP with variable valve timing in addition to the variable intake runners on the 08 motor and a 6-speed transmission which should yield better accel than the 4-speed auto in the 01-08s.

I'd slot the 08 V6 4WD accel in somewhere between a 07 stock ZX5 manual and my RX-8, definitely faster than my stock 07 ZX5 automatic I had.

I have ZERO problems hitting 140+ in that truck.

Oh, and 08 Escape + larger tires = WICKED. It's much meaner-looking now and it dwarfs the stock 08s. It's too bad Ford doesn't have a FX4-style off-road package for the Escape. :(
[right][snapback]274166[/snapback][/right]

it is exectly the same silver one as in the photo

i don't know....maybe the timming it is off...or something.....
i was just expecting more i guess