FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rip Rammy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well here is a tribute to our late Rottweiler Rammy. Here are a few pictures that pretty much sum up our relationship to the biggest dog I have ever seen. Enjoy.

[Image: HeadShot.jpg]
[Image: SittingRammy.jpg]
[Image: JamieandRammy.jpg]

Here is a good shot showing that he felt like he was a lap dog. This was a regular occurrence in our house.
[Image: BiggestLapDog.jpg]
Condolences :(

NefCanuck
Thats a big Boy reminds me of one of my old guard dogs. RIP
i had a 16 year old Sheppard that just recently died
That is a big boy! Sorry to hear about the death in the family :(
Thanks Guys. We all know that he is in a better place now. He was in a lot of pain in the last couple days. He couldn't even move to roll over or anything. Now we have to deal with his little (180lb) brother. Diesel has been lost since Rammy was taken from the house. I just heard from Lindsey that he is still wandering around the house looking for him. It has been definitely hard on everyone.
The other dogs behaviour may change quite a bit. We had 2 Huskies at one point, and we had to put the older one down....the younger one pissed in the house for a good month.

We couldnt figure it out until the vet explained why....said some dogs are just like that. Kind of the same thing where in the summer the kids are home and the dog always has somebody to play with, then sept rolls around, kids go back to school, so its an interuption in their routine...just dont get mad at the other dog if any behaviour changes, its because he missed his older buddy :(

I am dreading the day I have to put my own dog down :( Hope he dies old and of natural causes. Putting down my last husky was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.
So sorry.
As a dog owner, I feel your pain.
Sorry man.

RIP Rammy
Thanks again guys. I just showed this thread to my wife and she wants me to thank everyone for their kind words. I am quite surprised with our other dog thus far. In no way is he back to being his normal self but he has been alright. But time will tell I'm sure.

Having the both of them together made it very hard getting them out for walks. But now I am starting a new routine. Everynight after work and before dinner I am taking Diesel out for a walk. Surprisingly enough his total additude has changed while on the leash. He won't pull like he used to. I tell him to sit while people are aproaching and he does, he will even wait until they have passed until he looks to me for permission to get up and move on. I hope this keeps up. His additude before was just dominant.

Rammy has left a very BIG hole in our lives, he won't be forgotten.
This must be really hard!!! Sorry to hear this Kev. Hope Diesel is going to be fine.

RIP Rammy. He looks like a really big friendly guy.
It's horrible when you go through that kind of pain, and horrible for them too.

So sorry to hear about your boy. :(

Dogs are the best - unflinchingly loyal, obedient, always happy to see you. It's always a bad scene when one has to go.

I feel you pain buddy
[Image: Sympathy.jpg]
reminds me golden retriever i had..
Just to keep you all in the loop. So far Diesel has been good, just a little needy. No wetting the carpet or chewing anything out of the ordinary. He is a chewer though. Word to the wise, if you are a smoker and you come to my place do not put your BIC down. Those are his favorite snack.
Sorry to hear Kevin :( I hope everyone is doing ok.
Thanks Todd, all is good. Getting back to normal.