FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Horrible Body Shop Experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came across this story on my internet journeys, basically this guy with a 350Z decided to save a few $$$ and took it to a body shop to get a skirt package installed.....The rest I'll leave to your viewing pleasure:

OMG!!!

:blink:
Thats what you get for taking a 350Z for a $450 body kit istall. He deserves it. LOL
lol that'd be a lawsuit if i was in his position.

he probably would've been better off to do it himself it didn't even look that hard to install.
was that in toronto?
cali plates do I doubt it
He payed $750 for paint and installation I would say thats a good paint job for that price. HE WAS QUOTED $250 like come on you buy a Z and then cheap out like that. I don't think it was the shops fault
The question is, How many wood screws does it take to hold on a body kit?

Answer
[Image: DSCF0361.jpg]

:lol:
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 7 2008, 09:35 AM Wrote:The question is, How many wood screws does it take to hold on a body kit? 

Answer
[Image: DSCF0361.jpg]

:lol:
[right][snapback]274050[/snapback][/right]

As many as you can put in her lol.
Well it is NEVER falling off!

Yep, spend 40K on a car and spend just 750 for a body kit paint, install. Get what u pay for...
The beatings I would have administered, ON THE SPOT. :angry:

What a f***ing moron the body guy is. As for the Z owner... he needs a smack, too. What the f*** was he thinking?
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 7 2008, 11:40 AM Wrote:The beatings I would have administered, ON THE SPOT. :angry:

[right][snapback]274056[/snapback][/right]

The owner needs a beating, not the body guy.
Looks okay to me.
the body owner quoted him. He went in the deal not knowing what is skill set. yeah, you get what you pay for but for the owner it seemed like a deal too good to be true....turns out it was.

so I blame the body shop cause he could've charged anything. The fact he low balled wasn't up to the owner. or maybe there is fine print i didn't read?
i wonder if the body owner actually thought he did a good job lol.
wow, i read this last night and had to think before i posted something. personally, if i was the owner of the car and was told everything that he was told about wat was going on with the car and install, i would have been the same with regards to listening to the guy and all that BS. but i cant honestly believe that after all that time, the guy actually screwed up that bad. you can go to maaco and get a better job on the whole car if u mask it off for less. mite be some fish eyes and they dont guarantee runs for 400 bucks but thats the whole car. i just cant believe that a business owner would shoot himself in the foot like that. now he is plastered all over the internet and likely everyone now knows what he does. this is a reason y i need to stop being a bargain hunter haha
Flofocus,Oct 7 2008, 12:55 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 7 2008, 11:40 AM Wrote:The beatings I would have administered, ON THE SPOT. :angry:

[right][snapback]274056[/snapback][/right]

The owner needs a beating, not the body guy.
[right][snapback]274066[/snapback][/right]

OK Nate, I take it back. They BOTH deserve beatings! :P :angry:

That the guy would do such a s***ty job, or allow someone that works for him to do such a s***ty job... it's disgusting. Purely disgusting. :angry:

Poor car.
How do you think the "other" guy feels... the one in Japan that flew this clown over to paint 2 of his cars lol!
that is the worst BUTCHERED job i've ever seen..

but why did he take it back from the bodyshop??

that bodyshop has to be closed..i've done painting and installing on my car and my job looks better than his..lol..