FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bug/stone Deflector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody have any experience or comment on the bug /stone deflectors that you can get for the front of the hood to protect the paint at the front edge of the hood and to protect the windshield? In the summer I do a lot of trips to the cottage in buggy conditions with trucks thowing up occasional stones ( 'though it is mostly on paved not gravel roads) so I reckon getting one of these could keep my '07 wagon looking good.

What are the views on how this looks on the Focus? Anyone got pics?

Thanks.

Norval
Norval,Feb 27 2010, 08:01 PM Wrote:Does anybody have any experience or comment on the bug /stone deflectors that you can get for the front of the hood to protect the paint at the front edge of the hood and to protect the windshield?  In the summer I do a lot of trips to the cottage in buggy conditions with trucks thowing up occasional stones ( 'though it is mostly on paved not gravel roads) so I reckon getting one of these could keep my '07 wagon looking good.

What are the views on how this looks on the Focus?  Anyone got pics?

Thanks.

Norval
[right][snapback]302310[/snapback][/right]

If you like it, do it. I had a bug deflector on my old Durango and even though many disliked, few did like it and most of all I did.
I don't like them at all. I go up North quite a bit and my car is 8 years old and still on its original windshield. Now that I have said that I think I will have a chip or crack in the near future. :glare:
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 28 2010, 12:04 AM Wrote:I don't like them at all.  I go up North quite a bit and my car is 8 years old and still on its original windshield.  Now that I have said that I think I will have a chip or crack in the near future.  :glare:
[right][snapback]302323[/snapback][/right]

my hood was wrecked by rocks. bunch of decent sized chunks of paint taken out. More than I want anyway.

my windshield also has two chips in it, lol.
I think they're great but they don't stop everything. I put one on my car from new.

-George