FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Many Nails In Your Tires?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a poll to see on the average how many nails you guys are getting
in your tires? (or have had in the past)

Since where i'm living there's a lot of construction going on (condos) for the past year and still another 7-8 months to go, the driveways and street roads are really
rocky, dirty and who knows what crap the construction guys leave lying around.

I've counted 4 nails in my tires in the past year alone! I've had to change 3 tires as a result of them. 5 nails in the past 3 years.

In 2 weeks I had 5 nails 2 pieces of glass, a twig. That was on my General Exclaim UHP's thankfully I had the Extra load side wall cause I drove on it like that for about 2 weeks lol just thought nothing. Kept hearing this clicking noise while driving. Never ruined the tire oh ya lol.
okay holy smokes urs is an unusual case!

I've had 0 nails for the first 6 years of driving. All of a sudden there's construction all around my condo and i get 4 nails in the last couple months?
1 nail and 1 screw in 25 years of driving. Touch wood.
I am good for at least one a year. I keep a repair kit and a pair of needle nose pilers handy. I am to the point now where I can just fix it myself.
i've had one so far since i've had my fofo from march of 07, did work in a construction site though so meh no biggie. but i always do the repair myself its not like its hard...you jam the pointy thingy into the tire to make the hole big then you get that plug put some fo that glue on it, hook it into the, well i have no idea whats called lol then just jam it into the tire and pull it out and voiala, done!
Spinal,Oct 6 2008, 09:23 PM Wrote:i've had one so far since i've had my fofo from march of 07, did work in a construction site though so meh no biggie. but i always do the repair myself its not like its hard...you jam the pointy thingy into the tire to make the hole big then you get that plug put some fo that glue on it, hook it into the, well i have no idea whats called lol then just jam it into the tire and pull it out and voiala, done!
[right][snapback]274001[/snapback][/right]

wat the hell? lol sorry bro i had no idea wat u just said :)
I'm a visual learner so video/photo tutorial would be great lol.
He's talking about one of these....similar are available at CT. I used one a couple of years ago, and it lasted until I changed the tire.

http://www.tirerepairkit.com/easyuse.htm
Yeah, after having to plug two of the tires I just put on the truck... I'll be investing in a tire patch/repair kit shortly. I've done them before, but it's been a while. They're invaluable, tho.

Mind you, most tire shops don't charge much to repair a tire (although I'm sure it's more than a kit or close to it)... my repair would have been $18.
Scorpion,Oct 7 2008, 10:21 PM Wrote:He's talking about one of these....similar are available at CT. I used one a couple of years ago, and it lasted until I changed the tire.

http://www.tirerepairkit.com/easyuse.htm
[right][snapback]274133[/snapback][/right]
AH YES thats the best guide ever lol, essentially its just jamming the plug into the tire, now that i think about it lol.

NOS2Go4Me,Oct 8 2008, 10:21 AM Wrote:Mind you, most tire shops don't charge much to repair a tire (although I'm sure it's more than a kit or close to it)... my repair would have been $18.
[right][snapback]274165[/snapback][/right]
i think my tire kit was around the same price, but it came with like 8 plugs, so i can fix a tire 8 times for the same price.
haha cool that seems like a fun DIY!
It's very useful as a temperary fix. ONLY. Plz get them patched up when possible. Pluging the tire can seperate and brake belts that hold the tire together. So please be careful.
Princess Auto had kits on for $5, 4 plugs per or something.
I had 0 nails (knock on wood) in my tires in the whole time I'm driving, which is like over 10 years

had blown a bran new tire on the pothole once tho lol
one screw in my tire 7 years ago, prior to that nothing.