FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Block Heater Instal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I'm wondering if anyone has installed a block heater on there Focus? Mine was supposed to come with one but didn't so I want to put one in but I don't want to pay the dealership an arm and a leg. Is this an easy thing to do??

Thanks in advance.
Canadian ST,Oct 6 2008, 12:09 AM Wrote:Well I'm wondering if anyone has installed a block heater on there Focus? Mine was supposed to come with one but didn't so I want to put one in but I don't want to pay the dealership an arm and a leg. Is this an easy thing to do??

Thanks in advance.
[right][snapback]273908[/snapback][/right]
All the Foci in Canada should have one -- the element is in the frost plug but you might not have the actual wire attached to it. I know Daniel (NefCanuck) had that happen to his. He might even still have the harness left over, I know he did have it up for sale. It just plugs onto the two prongs on the frost plug.
Look into CT. there is one that i want to get for my TDI as well. it hooks right into your piping and does the whole engine including the inside heater core rather just the block itself.
OAC_Sparky,Oct 6 2008, 06:35 AM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Oct 6 2008, 12:09 AM Wrote:Well I'm wondering if anyone has installed a block heater on there Focus? Mine was supposed to come with one but didn't so I want to put one in but I don't want to pay the dealership an arm and a leg. Is this an easy thing to do??

Thanks in advance.
[right][snapback]273908[/snapback][/right]
All the Foci in Canada should have one -- the element is in the frost plug but you might not have the actual wire attached to it. I know Daniel (NefCanuck) had that happen to his. He might even still have the harness left over, I know he did have it up for sale. It just plugs onto the two prongs on the frost plug.
[right][snapback]273910[/snapback][/right]
Should have but don't ... beginning in 2008 the block heater became an option ... prior to that it was standard equipment ... and when dealers were ordering their first inventory many of them didn't know it ... and so a lot of the early 08s don't have them.
Ya the plugs are right in behind the headers on the duratec 2 tiny lil prongs.

02ztsian

If you are interested I have one of those magnetic heaters that you attach to the oil pan. I drove for a year with it on the oil pan of my V8 Vega and it never moved.
[Image: DSCF1860.jpg]
Interested?
Well check and see if you have the prongs for the cord to plug into....

I have the cord that i took off when i swapped motors and the block heater cord won't be going back on since my car has never seen a winter

I'll be going to the Massiv Meet tonight if you want to swing by and pick it up
02ztsian,Oct 6 2008, 09:35 AM Wrote:I drove for a year with it on the oil pan of my V8 Vega and it never moved. [right][snapback]273921[/snapback][/right]
The heater never moved, or the Vega?

:ph34r:

:lol:
If he still has the stock manifold on you might not be able to see it you can only feel it. Looking at the motor right side of the back about 8-10 Inches down.
OAC_Sparky,Oct 6 2008, 02:57 PM Wrote:
02ztsian,Oct 6 2008, 09:35 AM Wrote:I drove for a year with it on the oil pan of my V8 Vega and it never moved. [right][snapback]273921[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]273938[/snapback][/right]
LOL
I just checked my window sticker and I was charged $75 for it....it is not there, i just spent the last 15min triple checking. I'm going to write a letter to Ford and let them know that they messed up! Maybe they will through in a set of SVT rims for all of my trouble?!
Canadian ST,Oct 6 2008, 01:15 PM Wrote:I just checked my window sticker and I was charged $75 for it....it is not there, i just spent the last 15min triple checking. I'm going to write a letter to Ford and let them know that they messed up! Maybe they will through in a set of SVT rims for all of my trouble?!
[right][snapback]273961[/snapback][/right]

LMFAO theres a big MAYBE

02ztsian

mo_focus,Oct 6 2008, 12:01 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Oct 6 2008, 02:57 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]273938[/snapback][/right]
LOL
[right][snapback]273960[/snapback][/right]

Ha ha!
I think I'm going to ask Nefcanuck to draft me up a letter to send to Ford. I will have to miss an overtime shift to take my car into the dealership to get the blockheater installed so I should get something.
Yeah I still have the wiring for the block heater sitting in my box of Focus parts.

Once I get my car back if you want it we can talk turkey, but right now I'm still immobile <_<

NefCanuck
Canadian ST,Oct 6 2008, 02:15 PM Wrote:I just checked my window sticker and I was charged $75 for it....it is not there, i just spent the last 15min triple checking. I'm going to write a letter to Ford and let them know that they messed up! Maybe they will through in a set of SVT rims for all of my trouble?!
It's hard to see; you need a mirror to find it at the back.

OAC_Sparky,Oct 7 2008, 07:46 AM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Oct 6 2008, 02:15 PM Wrote:I just checked my window sticker and I was charged $75 for it....it is not there, i just spent the last 15min triple checking. I'm going to write a letter to Ford and let them know that they messed up! Maybe they will through in a set of SVT rims for all of my trouble?!
It's hard to see; you need a mirror to find it at the back.
[right][snapback]274026[/snapback][/right]
Meh ... take it to the dealer - they will either find it or install it ... look around the battery for the plug - that's where they stuck mine.
yaa i was gonna say maybe the dealer tucked it in somewhere and they will pull it out and make it easy to access or if there isn't one there they better put one on you payed for it.
Yeah start with the dealer 1st. They might just say sorry and install it for you. They might give you a free oil change, but SVT rims????

haha no way jose :)